OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fed up

Started by turkeywhisperer935, April 16, 2017, 12:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeywhisperer935

Tired of fighting a crowd of out of state and out of town people on public land, tired of begging landowners to let me hunt just to get told no and tired of being ignored by the Twra and nwtf when you try to tell them that their is something wrong with the turkey population in this area and it needs to be checked out. I'm through after this year, selling all this high priced s**t and saying to h**l with it. All the Netflix cares about folks is you're money. Sorry but it's true and that's all the Twra cares about too. They've let the public land go to crap, never plant food plots or anything. All the money goes to is over paid game wardens that do nothing but ride in trucks all day long or stay in boats on some damn lake and try to bust drunks. I am fed up.

Tom Foolery

It's been tough where I am in TN for a few years now.  I would be a fan of cutting out the fall season and dropping the spring limit back to 2 birds. 

We have a poaching problem around here but nothing is ever done.

I'm not sure what's going on but our turkey hunting/turkey numbers have been in decline for several years now.

fallhnt

So no more whispering to turkeys?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

spaightlabs

Attaboy.  That's the never-give-up spirit that made this county great!

You ever see the movie Dodgeball?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsUTG2DLc0w

Granted, Lance is a PED cheat (but so was pretty much everyone else in the sport), but there;'s a great line in there...

"If a person never quit when the going got tough, they'd never have anything to regret for the rest of their life..."

lmbhngr

Atta boy... Give up... Whatcha selling?

Tail Feathers

I think parts of TN are definitely experiencing the declines other states have seen.  It sure seems to have hit my little hunting spot locally this year.  Not sure why.
A four bird season is attractive to out of state hunters.  Maybe it's time for most, if not all, of TN to lower their bag limit. 
But take a turkey nap or three and get back at 'em!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Don't give up. I feel your pain here in Miss. On the GW point. You can't find one here to stop poaching during deer season but let someone catch a fish 1/4 inch  too long and here comes a ticket.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

wdog

I hope your not a grown man because that post is ridiculous

turkeywhisperer935

And just what is ridiculous about it. You must can afford a 2000 dollar lease or club price. You don't know my story bud.

Marc

I doubt that reducing turkey tag limits would help greatly to improve bird numbers...  I would guess that population numbers are far more dependent on habitat conditions and availability.

However, decreasing tag numbers could certainly make for improved hunting quality, as there will be less hunting pressure as guys tag out quicker.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

turkeywhisperer935

Some of these people with the smarta** comments on here must have a lease or club they're in cause they must not understand what I'm frustrated about. That's part of what's ruining this sport too. Landowners expect their neighbors to pay half their yearly income now to hunt. I used to have family land I hunted but to make a long story short when my grandfather died I got screwed by my cousin. You could put a airport there now. The neighbors we used to let hunt now since I need help won't let me hunt. So you dont think that's messes up, think you'd be a little ticked too. And a lease or club has got so hard to find it's ridiculous. So if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I love this sport and it used to be what distressed me but waking up at 4:30 to go hear nothing every morning is nuts. I've saw one strutting bird in places where the fields used to be black with birds and I've sat down to one gobbling bird all season. Just sucks I'm sorry if nobody gets it.

outdoors

YUP
ITS ONLY GOING TO GET ALOT WORST
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

ilbucksndux

Let me start off by saying I aint got a dog in this hunt cause Im from Illinois. Giving everyone 4 tags is excessive and keeps people in the woods longer. Here during our short gun deer season there was a day that guys would shoot their one or two deer and were out of the woods,now with a pocket full of tags you can hunt every day of the season. Here the turkey season is broke up into 5 five to seven day seasons granted you can get 3 tags for one season but you dont have EVERYONE in the state and all the OOS'ers in the woods at once. As far as OOS hunters go,I think they should be limited to one maybe 2 tag for a week.
Gary Bartlow

Spitten and drummen

Oh I get it. I WISH I could find a 2000.00 lease around here where it was not 20 people on 2000 acres. Talk about out of state hunters , we get covered up by Arkansas and louisiana hunters here in ms. I will tell you this though , it will be a cold day in hell before I give up something I love because im frustrated. I feel your pain but if you love to turkey hunt , you need to dig in and roll up your sleeves. Grit your teeth and do everything  you can in your power to make the situation better. If it just does not mean that much to you , then I can understand.  It really may be time for you just to quit.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

turkeywhisperer935

What can I do to make it better. I have nowhere that has birds and that's. it already overrun with people and you can't force the Twra or nwtf to listen if there making money.