turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem. Premiere Duplex 4x6

Started by Nukm80, April 16, 2017, 12:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nukm80

I ran out of LongBeardXR and bought these at a store close to the house. Anybody like, or dislike these loads? I had 3 birds come in on me today and I missed????! I had a truglo .647 Turkey choke in my gun and I think my pattern was too tight with the LongBeardXR #6's. I'm going to pattern my gun tomorrow with these duplex loads, and a Kicks .655 choke.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

Pattern them first before hunting with them -those will kill any gobbler in the world but you will have to find out where to draw the line
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Dr Juice

Those were awesome loads in the day and I dropped a lot of birds with them.

J-Shaped

Quote from: Dr Juice on April 16, 2017, 08:35:33 AM

Ditto. I shot these back in the mid-90's. I shot them out of a .660 choke in a Remington 870 back then.

Nukm80

I appreciate the replies! I patterned it this morning before church. At 40yds they did great! I'm going hunting in the morning before work and didnt want to drive to town on Easter for Turkey Shot. Thanks

Nukm80

Quote from: J-Shaped on April 16, 2017, 10:50:44 AM
Quote from: Dr Juice on April 16, 2017, 08:35:33 AM

Ditto. I shot these back in the mid-90's. I shot them out of a .660 choke in a Remington 870 back then.
I'm shooting an 870 with an 18 1/2" barrel and the .655 Choke I mentioned above.

dublelung

My dad killed several turkeys with those shells back in the day.  I refuse to hunt with a load until I see how well, or poorly, it patterns.

Strutr

I haven't seen 4x6 duplex loads in years and didn't know they were still available.  I killed a handful of gobblers with them back in the early 90's.  All I can recall is that they patterned okay out of my 11-87 fitted with a tight extended choke tube and cleanly killed birds out to 30-35 yards.  After shooting one box, I didn't buy any more and went back to my favorite Win XX 2 oz loads of copper-plated buffered #6.