OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Couple of Virginia Mountain birds

Started by SS Calls, April 15, 2017, 12:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SS Calls

Our season opened last Sat. and the birds have been really henned up! Worse I've ever seen. But Josh and I have hung with them and managed to get a couple pretty good gobblers. I killed mine on Tue, and Josh put the smack on his this morning. Both called in with a cedar/kwila field box. Awesome season so far!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Congrats to you both, let the gobblers hit the floor!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

vabeardhunter

Candyman

chatterbox

idratherb

Va limbhanger

:welcomeOG:Wat to get it done!
I live in Fredericksburg and hunted this morning for the first time this year. The birds here are also all hen'd up and tight lipped. I'm sure it won't last forever.
Love your butternut/ maple field box by the way!
Remington 870 Super Magnum/FF3/Kick's GT .665

Benelli SBEII/FF3/Rhino .665

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

SS Calls

Quote from: Va limbhanger on April 15, 2017, 04:18:36 PM
:welcomeOG:Wat to get it done!
I live in Fredericksburg and hunted this morning for the first time this year. The birds here are also all hen'd up and tight lipped. I'm sure it won't last forever.
Love your butternut/ maple field box by the way!

They should start talking some when hens begin nesting. Glad you like the box.. Good luck this season!!! :icon_thumright:

coyote1

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

hunter22

Way to go Al and Josh. Nice gobblers.

CMBOSTC

Good looking birds guys. Al, your bird has a heck of thick beard.

suburbhunter