OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wyatt gets it done

Started by Vinci1964, April 15, 2017, 12:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinci1964

We got soaked and skunked in the Illinois youth hunt. Struck out the next weekend for the Missouri youth hunt. It all came together this morning for Illinois second season on public ground

Heard birds roosted along the ridge across the creek. We got up to the other side about 100 yards from where they gobbled. Set the decoy out, set up my chair and sat down. A turkey gobbled 80 yards from out spot and we could see him on the limb. He strutted back and forth on it. I have no idea how he didn't see us get set up. He flew down and gobbled maybe twice but never budged from where he flew down.

It was time for the silent treatment. Set the calls down and 10 minutes later he was at 30 yards sneaking in. Wyatt let the #6 LBXR's fly. Glad he got it done after a tough youth season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Calls

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Congrats to the young man.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Ozarks Hillbilly

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

suburbhunter

:z-guntootsmiley: Congratulations Wyatt!!!  :z-guntootsmiley:

renegade19

surehuntsalot

that's what I'm talking about :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TRG3

Nice job, Wyatt. I hope you still have another Illinois season permit. I get three every year and really enjoy matching wits with gobblers!

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God