OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

who makes the best flare tip striker?

Started by adkmountainken, April 11, 2017, 06:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adkmountainken

I have started collecting and using a lot of different strikers but do not have a flare tip yet, what would be your choice and contact info please!

Double B

I like Derrick Stuckey's flare tips and Ted Peter's laminated striker both available on ebay.  I have a few of Stuckey's various woods and they are very nice.  Lots of great makers out there, but for flare tips, these are 2 good ones that I've used.  I'll have mac ebony, bubinga and tulipwood Stuckey in my vest this weekend along with Peters laminate .....and a few more. 
Followed by buzzards

adkmountainken

eorlando

Quote from: adkmountainken on April 11, 2017, 09:13:38 AM
what is Derrick's user name on Ebay?
Not sure but I have some for sale in the classifieds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sbbow

Quote from: adkmountainken on April 11, 2017, 09:13:38 AM
what is Derrick's user name on Ebay?
Obsession custom calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REBELYELL

One of the best hunting call strikers is Dad's strikers, made by Dewey Johnson. You can get them from Dad's call site or Midwest Turkey Call. His Charcoal laminate, Purpleheart and Monkeywood are always in my vest. Charcoal, rainbow or timberland laminate are his dymondwood strikers. Neal Herman can also make you flared tip strikers upon request. They are solid too.

http://www.dadscalls.com/strikers.php

https://www.midwestturkeycall.com/custom-strikers/257-dad-s-custom-monkeywood-striker.html

merriamsman

I second the Derrick Stuckey recommendation.

870BkWht

Add my vote for Derrick Stuckey (obsession custom calls).  Dymondwood, Tulipwood, Maccassar Ebony, and Purpleheart are some of his better ones that suit my calls. 

Wvgobbler

I second Dads strikers. I love his monkey wood and charchol laminate they will flat out make a call sing. I also like David Halloran's with his ipe being my favorite from him. A lot of other good flare tip strikers out there. Wood haven laminate birch and oak are good ones.

MikeStaten

Dad's monkeywood and woodhaven birch laminate are two real good ones. 

birdhunterdave

sbbow

Fred Cox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky_Strutter

I like the Cox strikers also probably got one in every wood he offers, his tulipwood & camo dymondwood are my favorite.
The Great White Spur Hunter

Jbhsgs3699

Add another vote for Derrick Stuckey.  Maccassar Ebony is my favorite.

Terry

I'm a huge fan of David Halloran's one piece. They play well and feel good in my hand. I also like how he labels what wood they are.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk