OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi #7 or mag blends.

Started by Tcagle, April 09, 2017, 08:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tcagle

Wanting a htl load the heviweight #7 did ok which  one of these would you try

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have the best luck with 3 inch hevi 13 7's  Each gun is different. Get a box of both and see which your gun likes

1iagobblergetter

I like the H13 3/2/7s ...Close up to 40yds have performed great for me...

Hooksfan

I have shot the Hevi mag blends for several years with good results, but just went to the #7's and I will never go back. Federal Heavyweight #7's have been equally impressive.
This was in 20 gauge.

Tom Foolery

TauntoHawk

I've tried most all the commerical loads and even taken turkeys with almost all of them. The hevi 6 for 12ga and fed HW 7's for the 20 were always the best performers

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Greg Massey

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 09, 2017, 09:17:48 PM
I've tried most all the commerical loads and even taken turkeys with almost all of them. The hevi 6 for 12ga and fed HW 7's for the 20 were always the best performers

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
X2... i killed a nice bird today..with 20 gauge and federal HW 7....great shell

WyoHunter

I like them both. I've killed most of my birds with 7's but Mag blends have worked for me too. Mag Blends seem to have more recoil IMO.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

bbcoach

When you say, "It did OK", what do you mean.  Hevi-7's are bad medicine with the right choke and gun.  What are you shooting (gun and choke)?  Do you have a PIC of your OK pattern?

30_06

I like the 3/2/7's.

Esse quam videri

Cut N Run

The Hevi 3/2/7s work great out of my gun.  The Mag blends have only thrown inconsistent patterns through the same gun.  The choice was easy.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Poleaxe

Every gun is different but the mag blends put out a more even pattern for me out of my SBE.  My bird I killed Sunday was at 63yrds and dropped it. The thing that sucks is the best thing to do is buy both and see which one your gun likes not what you like. It's a expensive conclusion but worth it.

njdevilsb

For me, it's the #7's without a doubt.

Old Gobbler

What choke did you use with the hw7 ?

Anyways wither one of those loads will kill a gobbler , the mag blends shoot at a faster fps , the #7 I think are 1080 fps
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Dr Juice

Let the gun show you which one it prefers. Good luck.