turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need some paint for my new brush.

Started by C.Kimzey95, April 09, 2017, 01:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.Kimzey95

What a day to be in the woods. Tore out early to hit a local WMA with one of my best friends. We found a bird gobbling on roost that eventually crossed a road on us. Soon after we found a gobbling bird by chance when we stepped out of the truck at the next spot. He answered a handful of times and just when we thought we were getting close and in the game, BOOM! Someone else killed him. We tried for a while longer til my buddy had to go home at 915. On my way home I decided to try my luck on a farm I can hunt that I almost killed on yesterday. As i pulled up I noticed a lone gobbler feeding along a wood line and boy was he in the purrrfect spot. I pulled out of his sight grabbed my stuff and tore out like a mad man. After a short fight with a bar wire fence I got to what I figured was within 100 yards of him. I sat down and began to cluck and purr softly, scratching in the leaves some as well. Very shortly there after I heard him drum and he popped into sight strutting and walking my way. At 15 yards he took a head full of shot and hit the dirt! He was 22.5lbs with an 11" beard and 1&1/8" spurs!

vabeardhunter

Congrats on a great hunt & bird. Well done!

TRG3

You're wearing my all-time favorite camo pattern, that being Real Tree. Anytime I come across that pattern at a yard sale and it's my size, it comes home with me. By-the-way, congratulations on taking a nice bird. One never knows when the opportunity for doing so will pop up. The third Southern Illinois season will come in this Friday and I'm checking the weather reports in anticipation of being out there plenty early. If it's a good day, my LC Smith will go with me along with some black powder 12 gauge loads. It should be fun!

BOFF

Yes Sir!!

Way to get it done!

Nothing like a little painting during the Spring!

God Bless,
David B.

Brian Fahs

Quote from: TRG3 on April 09, 2017, 01:53:13 PM
You're wearing my all-time favorite camo pattern, that being Real Tree. Anytime I come across that pattern at a yard sale and it's my size, it comes home with me. By-the-way, congratulations on taking a nice bird. One never knows when the opportunity for doing so will pop up. The third Southern Illinois season will come in this Friday and I'm checking the weather reports in anticipation of being out there plenty early. If it's a good day, my LC Smith will go with me along with some black powder 12 gauge loads. It should be fun!
[/qu3ote]
Not realtree. MOSSY oak new bottomland camo.

varmint101

That's definitely a fat brush!  Congrats!

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

2eagles

maytom

BB30

Yea, as stated earlier that is Mossy Oak Bottom Land. They started making it again a couple of years ago and you can find it online if you don't have a store near you.

dublelung

You're wearing my all-time favorite camo pattern, that being Real Tree.

Lol nah! That being Mossy Oak Bottomland!

That's a heck of a beard! Congrats!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.