turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

KS. WIHA

Started by fallhnt, April 08, 2017, 09:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Found plenty of birds on WIHAs that I never stepped foot on. Shot a jake and this longbeard. Found lots of birds in NE.  too but it ended up being a comedy of errors. The tree is where my buddy used to hunt. He passed a couple years ago and this is only the second time I've been to "his" tree. I stopped to hunt it on a WIHA walk I did on my way to find a new spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

owlhoot

Congrats and looks like a nice spot too.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

huntjw

Looks awesome.  Can you tell me what part of KS this is?  Me and a friend are going later this month to NE KS and have never been before.  Looking for any help.  Any tips, info., etc. appreciated!

spurz

Nice job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blong

Congrats! What's that saying about loose lips?

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

spaightlabs

Quote from: huntjw on April 10, 2017, 04:38:00 PM
Looks awesome.  Can you tell me what part of KS this is?  Me and a friend are going later this month to NE KS and have never been before.  Looking for any help.  Any tips, info., etc. appreciated!

I recognize that WIHA having been there before.

It is between Kansas City and Kanorado.  :z-guntootsmiley:

SteelerFan

I'm sure you put a smile on your buddy's face...  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

fallhnt

It's easy to find...just look for the sign.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

jepcho

Congrats!  Looks like you had a fun hunt!

dublelung

Beautiful country and a good looking longbeard. Congrats!

Dr Juice

HookedonHooks

Scored this morning on WIHA today in Eastern Central Kansas... Lots of birds there too. Hopefully I can get another soon because I would like to scoot on up to NE for a few hunts this spring possibly. Know of any good places in NE public, would love to collaborate with a member for some public hunting to if anyone doesn't always like making the trek alone.

spaightlabs

Quote from: HookedonHooks on April 12, 2017, 01:50:16 PM
Scored this morning on WIHA today in Eastern Central Kansas... Lots of birds there too. Hopefully I can get another soon because I would like to scoot on up to NE for a few hunts this spring possibly. Know of any good places in NE public, would love to collaborate with a member for some public hunting to if anyone doesn't always like making the trek alone.

Congrats on your bird.

Couple things:

1) Pic or it didn't happen.  ;D

2) Please do not act surprised when your favorite WIHA is overrun and the birds are no longer in the same county. :deadhorse: