turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Didn't go as planned!!

Started by MK M GOBL, April 08, 2017, 05:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Today was one of our local sportsmen's clubs Learn to Hunt Turkey Program, my student ended up having finals for his wrestling team and could not make the hunt... I was asked if I would take an "Adult" Hunter in his place, I said no problem let's go. Well they gave Paul a call and he made it down to our class on Friday and met him, now he hunts and fishes just never done the turkey thing. Met up with him the morning and took him to one of my farms, while scouting this farm I had a "winter flock" still together (9 toms with 26 hens) set us up to catch these birds moving between roost and the food plot they had been hitting. Those birds gobbled great on the roost and once flydown time hit they just went quiet... a bit later we hear a gobble and then a hen yelping, I call her in waiting for gobbler in tow, nope she shows up alone, we make a move to see if we can get the gobbler to answer and get nothing. We make our way back to where we started and I start calling, next thing we hear is footsteps and couldn't tell what it is. I make another series of calls and then Paul says "right there" 4 birds walk out from the brush and are looking to fight my Strutter, the DSD's are doing some work and he kills at 11 yards! Paul tagged his first bird with me and he already looking to go again and taking his wife with him as well. Got another one Hooked :)

MK M GOBL

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

renegade19

greencop01

Adding to the ranks of the Tenth Legion!   :icon_thumright:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rex

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

"'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will acknowledge God.'"         Romans 14:11

chatterbox

That deserves a big ol' atta boy!!!! :icon_thumright:
Strong work!

ybuck

albrubacker

Awesome, good job hooking another one!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mgm1955

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

nsselle

Congrats glad he was able to make it and get a bird!  What county you hunting?  I'll be hunting Portage next week.  Good Luck.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: nsselle on April 10, 2017, 09:49:25 AM
Congrats glad he was able to make it and get a bird!  What county you hunting?  I'll be hunting Portage next week.  Good Luck.

I hunt Crawford & Grant.

MK M GOBL

Greg Massey

Great job. proud of you for taking him on his first hunt and kill....congrats