OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody In a Turkey Slump?

Started by KYFrid, April 11, 2011, 07:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYFrid

Man I love seing all these dead turkeys, and the pics and stories that go with them. But this got me thinking too, how many on here are in a turkey slump? I have called in turkeys for my friends and family, but the last time I pulled there trigger on a gobbler has been 4 years ago. Anybody else in a turkey slump? 

OLE RASPY

Nope cant say im in a turkey slump i usually pull the trigger every year and hopefully will this year to.I hope u get to pull the trigger this year sounds like u deserve to.

PANYHunter

I guess you can say I'm in a slump.  I haven't shot one since last year.  Come on Apr. 30!!  :z-guntootsmiley:

LilFridWV

This year is your year brother. We got my new children to pull a gobbler in this year!

[attachment deleted by admin]

sugarray

DSDs, nice!!  Things are looking up for me in WV.  Had a couple of good scouting days.  Now just 2 weeks until we open up!!

bayou gobbler

I didnt pull the trigger on any last year but this year has been pretty good.  I got one down so far.

870supermagnum

I got off to a red hot start this season, but things have cool down since then..... no turkey today.  :angry9:

Struttin Spurs

I'm always in a turkey slump! I can never seem to kill enough to satisfy the addiction!

harvester

turkeybow

:hello99:  I'm in one!  Haven't killed a gobbler in 2 years now
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

BrowningGuy88

I am not necessarily in a slump, but I ain't killed a longbeard either. I called in a double for my others and have kiled two coyotes myself.

I have passed on 5 gobblers this year that I just walked up on and wasn't in a murderous mood. So if I eat tag soup it is my on fault.

savduck

I am for this season. Used to tagging out by now. Thats Ok got some birds to play this weekend and they are almost ready.
Georgia Boy

Jay

2 in 2 days of hunting, so not this year, so far. We'll see how Kansas goes this weekend. Once I got my initial bird years ago, I've only had one bad year, when all my places got flooded out. However, I'm usually working my butt off to get everything I shoot. What made my hunts better was getting better land.

northwoodshntr

I'm too ashamed to say how long it's been. I come close most years but can't seem to close the deal.

gob09

Thanks for the pick me up guy's,
2nd week of season and have'nt closed a deal yet i thought i was haveing it rough

And my friend missed on a nice bird sunday at 20yrds