OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!

Started by new2turkey, April 11, 2011, 07:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2turkey

this morning was awesome!!

I got up at 4, with a thunder storm rolling in. I got all my stuff ready and went out in full camo and brought a flash light and an owl hooter.

I'm sitting down on top of a 30 foot sand pile, wishing I had got up about 45 minutes later.... It didn't start to get light out until 5:30.   :begging:

I'm using my owl hooter every 15-20 minutes, but don't get a response...

I'm thinking I'm not gonna hear anything after about 45 minutes..

Finally the thunder starts... I'm listening, and thought I heard a gobble, but figured it was me hearing what I wanted too  :bike2:

Another 30 seconds pass, and then another roll of thunder... A bird fires off no more than 75 yards away!!!  :toothy12:

Another roll of thunder, the same bird fires off.

But the next time the thunder sounded, there were 2. And then there were 3, and then there were 5-6!!

I also began to hear a few hens yelping, but didn't get to wait until flydown because it started to pour.

At this point, I don't even care if I shoot a bird, because I found my own sweet spot with plenty of gobblers and I'm hearing them fire off, a first for me!!

My first year and I'm on birds!!!

3 more weeks.... Come on May!!!!! :jackson:

Sorry for rambling guys, but I am PUMPED!!

OLE RASPY

it will be here before u know it. :anim_25:

PANYHunter

Nothing to be sorry about there.  It is one of the most exhilarating things you can experience in the woods.    :anim_25:

Gobble!

Hognutz

Maybe you should look into buying a thunder call. I think I might be on to something here..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

trkehunr93

LX_Trkyhntr

There is nothing like it!! :you_rock: Good luck this season!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

turkey slayer

Sounds like you got em located  :anim_25:

hobbes

new2turkey

new2turkey

Quote from: Hognutz on April 11, 2011, 11:25:32 AM
Maybe you should look into buying a thunder call. I think I might be on to something here..Mike :you_rock:

LOL hook up a subwoofer in the woods....

They only responded to my hoot tube once and it was after they were gobbling all the time at the thunder

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!