turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Illinois bird

Started by renegade19, April 07, 2017, 04:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade19

After a long, frustrating first Illinois season I finally called this bird in for my buddy.  Bragging just a little because I got him to fly across the creek in the background. 

mgm1955

Mtd69

ilbucksndux

I often get a first season tag because I forget to send in for the first lottery. This was a tough year. I was on birds every day but just could not get one in range. Hens, me moving at the wrong time, and everything in between that could happen did happen. I was in the woods for 7 days straight ( first 2 days were youth season) and it was tough for sure. Great job .
Gary Bartlow

beagler

Never Misses

Player

Congrats!  That's a rush when they come a flying in!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: renegade19 on April 07, 2017, 04:08:36 PM
After a long, frustrating first Illinois season I finally called this bird in for my buddy.  Bragging just a little because I got him to fly across the creek in the background.
Congratulations! What part of the state were you in. It looks like Southern Illinois.
Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

catman529

That's awesome. Not often at all that I get to call one across anything. You know he's hot when he will fly a creek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinci1964

Good job!  Heading out next weekend for 2nd season north zone on public land.   Illinois sure makes it tough on public land.

maytom

WTG......nothing like a plan coming together!!! :gobble:

Rex

Very Nice!

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

"'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will acknowledge God.'"         Romans 14:11

renegade19

Quote from: allaboutshooting on April 07, 2017, 10:26:42 PM
Quote from: renegade19 on April 07, 2017, 04:08:36 PM
Congratulations! What part of the state were you in. It looks like Southern Illinois.
Thanks,
Clark
Clark, you are correct Sir.

renegade19

Quote from: ilbucksndux on April 07, 2017, 07:54:52 PM
I often get a first season tag because I forget to send in for the first lottery. This was a tough year. I was on birds every day but just could not get one in range. Hens, me moving at the wrong time, and everything in between that could happen did happen. I was in the woods for 7 days straight ( first 2 days were youth season) and it was tough for sure. Great job .
They were odd for sure but some of them would work.  Mid/late morning was a lot better for us.  Buddy of mine that is a crazy good turkey hunter also blanked so I know they were tough. I should have tagged out but didn't.  Some bad luck, some bad decisions.  I'd rather call a bird in for a friend than kill one any day so I'm happy.  Learned a lot as usual.  Good luck next season.  My Brother In Law has a Crab 3 tag so I'm hoping to call in his first bird for him.  I'll be back after them 5th season.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny