OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Want to see what 3 1/2" #6 does to a gobbler's head at 5 steps?

Started by chefrific, April 06, 2017, 09:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefrific

Was fortunate to get my 2nd GA bird of 2017 this past weekend.  I've never had a bird so close.  He came up from behind me, gobbling, spitting and drumming and literally walked right beside me inches away!  I could have reached over and touched him.  To have a bird inches away spit and drum and then gobble is an experience I'll never forget and hope to duplicate.  I had to wait on him to continue walking past me and at 5 steps I took the shot.  It is rather gruesome what my Benelli did with a 3 1/2" #6 LB XR at such a close distance.  I don't think this old boy knew what hit him.

eorlando

Man that did a number on him. I bet that was an experience. Nice horn!!!! Tulipwood?? Who made it?

nitro

Nice shot placement. Painless end for his breeding season. Well done Sir!
Royal Slam 2008

SteelerFan

:TooFunny:

Congrats... on both the kill and not soiling your pants with a gobble in your ear (or at least not admitting it).

And that's a very tough shot!  :icon_thumright:

chefrific

Quote from: eorlando on April 06, 2017, 09:36:48 AM
Man that did a number on him. I bet that was an experience. Nice horn!!!! Tulipwood?? Who made it?

Yes sir, it's tulipwood.  Anthony Ellis made it.  Thanks!

HFultzjr

Congrats on a nice bird.
Man, that's almost like shooting him with a rifle.
I hate when they are too close.
Good job on keeping calm enough to hit him.
:newmascot:

Dr Juice

Chilly

Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

Bowguy

Congrats. That stuff patterns tight but at that range most would.

Fullfan

Yep he is dead, I think I would have waited for him to get to at least 25 yds if the terrain permitted. That close would have been very easy to miss.
Don't gobble at me...

bbcoach

CONGRATS!  Awesome story and an even better ending.  This is why we ALL should pattern our guns and know what they are doing both near and far!  EXCELLENT!!!!

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

houagie

nice shot and congratulations......I've been waiting for someone to post up a picture like this.