OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester sxp longbeard 12ga

Started by Tcagle, April 06, 2017, 07:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tcagle

I bought a new winchester sxp longbeard Shotgun and I am not getting the pattern I'm looking for outta the factory choke. Anyone else have this gun. What are you shooting.

Izzyjoe

What kind of pattern are you getting? Personally I would clean the barrel good, and remove any oil left in the barrel. You can also shoot a few boxes of birdshot to break the barrel in, and get used to the gun. But make sure it's clean before you pattern it again. Cold temps have also been known to affect patterns too!

Tcagle

I'm new to the site and can't get a picture to post. It definitely kills but I just thought it would be a bit better.

Bowguy

Quote from: Tcagle on April 06, 2017, 08:09:50 AM
I'm new to the site and can't get a picture to post. It definitely kills but I just thought it would be a bit better.
Use tapatalk to load pics

Tcagle

All 40 yard pattern from #6's  I believe the resign was broken in one box

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tcagle

Quote from: Bowguy on April 06, 2017, 08:16:05 AM
Quote from: Tcagle on April 06, 2017, 08:09:50 AM
Use tapatalk to load pics
Thanks!

Tcagle

50 and 60 yards also

sevetts

Those are terrific patterns, I don't know what your looking for but your prolly not gonna beat that by much. That's a cool shotgun I was very interested in one of those earlier this year but went a different route. Good luck

Tom Foolery

Quote from: sevetts on April 06, 2017, 09:24:11 AM
Those are terrific patterns, I don't know what your looking for but your prolly not gonna beat that by much.

I agree

The only thing I will add is that IMO your 1st two 40yd patterns are right and the 3rd one is low. 

Tcagle

I guess maybe I was over thinking things?

Tom Foolery

Other than being sure everything was centered up I think those are great patterns.

Tcagle

I've shot at 20 yards and it hits dead Center

Tcagle

Might have just flinched

BDeal

Tcagle

Yeah 6 shot are those patterns in have shot 4's and 5's also