turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jersey tag lottery

Started by shedhunta, April 03, 2017, 12:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shedhunta

Unclaimed tags went onsale today at 10.  Frustrating as normal.  I wish they would just make it a 2 bird statewide limit.  Same thing every year with website locking up etc. 

Bowguy

Unless you're in the southern part of state it shouldn't be a prob? I never have issues. Not even going today to store to get em.

Bowguy

If you're panicked go to the store. It's lunch time

shedhunta

Zone 21 tags I wanted sold out before I could even log on at 10am.  Kept refreshing website every second and I still missed out.   :-[

Bowguy

Yea you're south. The land of a million birds. God bless ya. Hope you got some in the draw n were only looking for extras.
In the 80s even up north I drew the tag I wanted about every 3 years even up north. If you don't mind driving pm me n we 'll try n help you find a good zone area up north if you'd like

shedhunta

Quote from: Bowguy on April 03, 2017, 12:50:59 PM
Yea you're south. The land of a million birds. God bless ya. Hope you got some in the draw n were only looking for extras.
In the 80s even up north I drew the tag I wanted about every 3 years even up north. If you don't mind driving pm me n we 'll try n help you find a good zone area up north if you'd like

Man.  Thx for offer.  Not going to have time this year unfortunately.  I got 21 E and D in first lottery.  Got a 20 D today.  Was looking for A week.  B week I will be away and C week I will be upstate PA.  A lot of public in 21 so tags go quickly. 

Thx again for offer!  Maybe in the future

Bowguy

Think about what might sell first. Next week get A week n E week. The rest is think you could buy

Jerseygti337

I got 21 e in the lottery and nothing in the second lotto, 10:00 this am I had 21 a,b,c selected and by the time I had to enter my cc info if said sorry sold out. Retried and only could get 21c.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Bowguy on April 03, 2017, 01:04:01 PM
Think about what might sell first. Next week get A week n E week. The rest is think you could buy

^^^^^ This is the better way.

I usually put in A' & B'. Then OTC for the two week season,I had no problem today.
:anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

SteelerFan

Good grief! I'm glad I just have to check the calendar for the opener. 

shedhunta

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on April 03, 2017, 05:37:08 PM

I usually put in A' & B'. Then OTC for the two week season,I had no problem today.

I went E first lotto and A second lotto with D as secondary.  Did not draw A.  I am a non resident.  Not sure if that matters.  I am in Delaware and can see Jersey from my house. 

I feel like the quotas were put in place for rebuilding the population.  Hear stories of guys killing 20 birds a year now.  Thats just crazy.  I hope to see a 2 bird limit statewide someday. 

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 03, 2017, 06:04:26 PM
Good grief! I'm glad I just have to check the calendar for the opener.

It's not bad as it sounds. Except for the price of permits. We have a good population of birds. Once in the system and knowing how it works,what goes first. It's a peice of cake. Definitely great opportunity to do as much hunting as you want. That's the great thing.
B-Well
Johnny

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: shedhunta on April 03, 2017, 12:38:08 PM
Unclaimed tags went onsale today at 10.  Frustrating as normal.  I wish they would just make it a 2 bird statewide limit.  Same thing every year with website locking up etc.

Pm-ing Shed

Fire652

Wow happy I don't have to deal with that anymore.  Sorry for your luck.  I remember camping out outside pequest in the hopes of getting a tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: shedhunta on April 03, 2017, 08:13:21 PM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on April 03, 2017, 05:37:08 PM

I went E first lotto and A second lotto with D as secondary.  Did not draw A.  I am a non resident.  Not sure if that matters.  I am in Delaware and can see Jersey from my house. 

I feel like the quotas were put in place for rebuilding the population.  Hear stories of guys killing 20 birds a year now.  Thats just crazy.  I hope to see a 2 bird limit statewide someday. 

I say this nicely because I'm nice  ;D
20 birds a year??? Really??? That's over 400 dollars in permits. And... if that's happened it's definitely not in the same zone And..If so, He's cheating! That's  a bird every other day of the season. I'm calling BS on this one. I think your way off base.
JMO