turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help family 20 build

Started by wolverines, April 02, 2017, 09:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolverines

Working setting up a family 20.  I've got a few 20 setups but, want a one and for all fix.  Here is where I am:  my wife is 5'2" and I have a 4 year old that will be hunting in a few years.  I have been looking at an M2 and even the M2 performance shop turkey for myself.  Leaning very hard on the M2 but have not ruled out other options.  I'm not big on optics but have been thinking very seriously about putting a fast fire 3 or other optic on it.  I can drop down and shoot a compact stock but do not know if my 5'2 wife could comfortably mount the full length stock.  I want a light weight gun 24" barrel or less and something that does not recoil too bad.  My wife has shoulder a compact Franchi and it felt good to her.  So here is where I am.
m2 performance shop/ could add a compact stock.
Franchi affinity compact.
Benelli montefeltro compact
Remington 11-87 compact 21"
weatherby turkey
I want to get this right.  I want a once and for all 20.  Thanks for the help.

MickT

Get an autoloader that will accept an aftermarket ar style adjustable stock. That way it can fit everybody with very simple adjustment. Probably limits you to the 11-87.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio hunter88

M2  is a great little Turkey  gun

Frylock

I shoot an m2 20ga, and my gf shoots a Franchi Affinity 20ga compact - I almost like hers more than mine.  But if I had to chose I'd pick the m2 because of the comfort tech stock, recoil is pretty minimal with this gun. Neither gun has had the slightest hiccup and we tend to hunt a lot during waterfowl season.