OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bow hunting turkey

Started by High plains drifter, April 02, 2017, 11:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High plains drifter

It's a lot of work, packing those blinds around. You need a bucket, bow, other stuff. That's a lot of weight, when you have to walk a mile in.Im just going to have to comitt to the bow, and not even take the gun, because when I have both, I always go to the gun, if one comes in.Im good out to 25 yards, but I'm not going to take a long shot.

Lucky_Strutter

I use a blind most the time when bowhunting turkeys its just easier and gives me the freedom to move and draw but I've also taken them without a blind with the help of a friend setup 20-25 yards behind me calling with decoys.
The Great White Spur Hunter

High plains drifter

Quote from: Lucky_Strutter on April 03, 2017, 02:25:07 PM
I use a blind most the time when bowhunting turkeys its just easier and gives me the freedom to move and draw but I've also taken them without a blind with the help of a friend setup 20-25 yards behind me calling with decoys.
.    That's a great idea to bring another guy. I just don't trust people to keep their mouth shut.I know a ranch, where a blind would work well, and I won't have to pack it far, the guy might let me drive in there. I know I can get one,if the bird doesn't see me draw.Another thing I like about bow hunting, is other hunters can't hear you, and that's a good thing. 20 guage, is another option, not as loud.

High plains drifter

Thanks for all the good info. This is my bow year. I will get it done, because I'm a decent bow shot out to 30 yards.I like the stealth factor, and not making noice.