OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1187 issues

Started by captpete, April 01, 2017, 08:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

I have an 1187 Premier 20 gauge that I'm having an issue with and wondering if any other 1187 shooters are having the same issue.

I have broken the action bar assembly twice. When I say it broke, what is happening is a small piece of metal is breaking/chipping off and it locks up the gun. The second one broke today. The current one has less than 50 shots on it. Of those shots only about 15 have been 3" mag shells. The rest have been 2 3/4"target loads. The gun only has about 300-400 shots through it....I am the only owner.

Anybody else having this problem??? I did email Remington today. Here is a pic of the broken part.

longislandloco

Real 11-87 Premier or newer Sporstman with walnut stock.....How old is the gun, did you break the original and two others? Did you order the replacement part from Remington or an after market supplier. I have noticed some parts from Numrich and Brownwell's not exactly up to factory specs.

Has the break happened in the same place, that to me would indicate something is happening with the bolt, maybe binding, any abnormal ware on any other internal parts.

Is the gas piston assembly installed properly, could you have one of the three parts reversed by accident,  this may cause the bolt to recoil to fast, putting stress on the action bar assembly if it strikes the receiver to fast.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

captpete

I believe it is a real Premier...2006.

The original and one replacement that I got from Midway USA have broken. 

I'm not 100% sure, but the break seems to be in the same place. I do know it was a corner of the block that broke off. I don't see any marks or abnormal wear on any other parts.

When I re-assemble the gun, I always use the manual to make sure I get the parts in the right order and orientation.

Ozarks Hillbilly

I would be lead to believe that there maybe something wrong with the bolt it's self or some sort of a alinement issue. I have seen issues with the action bar links breaking but I felt those where do to guns that weren't properly cleaned and maintaned.

longislandloco

captpete, sent you a PM, maybe will help.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe