turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos 2nd Generation Gobbler Vest *** Write Up & Pics Added ***

Started by vt35mag, March 31, 2017, 03:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

I am 6'1" 220lbs at the start of turkey season :). Wondering if you all think I should go with the M/L or XL/XXL.  The 1st generation L/XL vest fit me perfect.

Greg Massey

Way most stuff runs small these days, i would get the XL/XXL, but i don't use a vest . i use a bag...

longbeard11

I've looked at these quite a bit. Absolutely love it. But I think I'll stick with my cabelas vest this spring again

vt35mag

Anyone buy this vest? Does this version have the long box pocket like the 1st did?

Remturkey

Just ordered mine Friday.  Hope to have it by Tuesday or Wednesday

vt35mag

Quote from: Remturkey on April 02, 2017, 12:00:32 AM

I just got off the phone with Bubba at Primos and he recommended I go with the M/L.  I will let you all know how it fits when I get it, incase you are thinking of getting one yourself.

vt35mag

If I may ask, what is your build and what size did you order?

tha bugman

is this the one with the self supporting seat?  if so there is a thread on here with some feedback and pics already.

vt35mag

Quote from: tha bugman on April 04, 2017, 09:12:46 AM
is this the one with the self supporting seat?  if so there is a thread on here with some feedback and pics already.

Nope, that one is the new Rocker vest.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: vt35mag on April 03, 2017, 04:47:21 PM

I just got off the phone with Bubba at Primos and he recommended I go with the M/L.  I will let you all know how it fits when I get it, incase you are thinking of getting one yourself.
I talked to Bubba this morning also and he recommended the M/L Gen 2 vest for me also.  I'm 6'2" and 230.  Also called Simmons Sporting Goods in La. and had a 6'5" 265 salesman try on the M/L and it fit him.  Talked to a guy that was 6'2" and 215 and he said the XL/XXL swallowed him.  So I ordered the M/L from Grab A Gun.com for $79.67 total.  They had 18 in stock.

vt35mag

Quote from: SKFOOTER on April 05, 2017, 12:16:45 PM
Quote from: vt35mag on April 03, 2017, 04:47:21 PM

I talked to Bubba this morning also and he recommended the M/L Gen 2 vest for me also.  I'm 6'2" and 230.  Also called Simmons Sporting Goods in La. and had a 6'5" 265 salesman try on the M/L and it fit him.  Talked to a guy that was 6'2" and 215 and he said the XL/XXL swallowed him.  So I ordered the M/L from Grab A Gun.com for $79.67 total.  They had 18 in stock.

Thank you, little more reassured I'm getting the right size.  Be nice to try one on before ordering, but no one local has them.

SKFOOTER

Hey VT35???  Have you received your vest yet??

vt35mag

I just got it tonight. I will do a write up and post some pics tomorrow. Nice improvements over the previous version and the M/L fits perfect.

SteelerFan

Quote from: vt35mag on April 11, 2017, 06:58:14 PM
I just got it tonight. I will do a write up and post some pics tomorrow. Nice improvements over the previous version and the M/L fits perfect.

Anxious to hear. I'm a fan of the original...  :icon_thumright:

vt35mag

Here are some pictures of the new vest. Nice improvements, such as a ton more back padding, additional seat magnet, and large stake pocket. If I roll up my long sleeve fleece shirt it will fit in the stake pocket.  The additional magnet is nice, it will be a lot harder to knock the seat off going thru the brush.  It was fairly easy to do on the 1st generation. The pot call pockets are big enough I can put in larger/deeper profile pots inside with ease. They are large enough I could put my pot calls inside a koozie, and they will still fit and zip closed.  Nice if you wanted additional protection when traveling or storing for an extended period. The pot divider material is neoprene. It would be nice if pot call pockets were side by side, but they would need to be smaller in profile to make that happen. I think the larger pockets are worth the trade off though. The two large deep pockets remain the same, along with the long box sleeve. The only difference is the right pocket that has the two divided mesh pockets are shorter than they were in the 1st generation. The box call pocket has an additional button to hold longer profile shortboxes. I like the interior pocket layout and how they zip up, instead of just having two deep open mesh pockets on each side. I put my thermacell in the left side to show that it can fit one. Perfect size for it. I don't know why the thermacell/accessory straps are up where you shoulder the gun.  Feels like it would just be in the way, and I wouldn't want it on that close to my face. The mouth call pockets on the shoulder straps look like they would be good for storage while hunting.  As in, if I were moving from one spot to the next and didn't want to leave the call in my mouth.  You could put it in one of those to keep it handy, and not have to dig for it.  The material of the vest is different than the 1st generation. Its a little noisier, but not enough for me to be concerned. It feels lighter, and will most likely stay cooler. The material makes me think it will be more water resistant. At the very least it will dry out much faster if you were to get it wet. My 1st generation was a L/XL, this one is a M/L, and it fits me perfect. Apparently the sizing runs big. I loved the 1st generation vest,  but think I am going to end up loving this one more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk