turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fastfire III Question

Started by Neill_Prater, March 31, 2017, 12:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill_Prater

For any of you that happen to use a Fastfire sight, are you using the 3 MOA dot, or the 8 MOA? Although it will probably be after this season before I get around to doing so, I am seriously considering a Fastfire. I have two old red dots on two different shotguns. One is, I think, a 1 MOA, and the other, I think, is a 3 MOA. I much prefer the larger dot, but wonder if the 8 MOA would be too much of a good thing for turkey hunting? Thanks.

dejake

I have the 3.  For me, and 8 is just too big.

Ridge

I myself, along with the majority of the people I know, run the 3 MOA.

backwater

Shellwaster

I run the 8. To me the smaller 3 would be good for applications such as rifle accuracy but for scattergun purposes where I'm not going for pinpoint accuracy just center of pattern. Put the dot on turkey's next and squeeze the trigger.

bpsmag1026

I have the 8 and really like it.

GOOSESLAYER

3 for me. stayed away from the 8 cause it covers to much of the turk for my liking

BABS9

I just picked up a vortex venom 3 moa and I think it'll be perfect. They also have a viper which is 6 moa might be worth checking out.

reynolds243

3 for me. The 8 was bigger then I liked personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chatterbox

I have run both.
I prefer the 3 to the 8

longbeards

3MOA for sure with a turkey sized target,,,,PLUS in early light conditions the 8 will tend to glare more...

TauntoHawk

my reddots are 3moa and 4 large enough to easily see and find but small enough to be precise.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wvnut3

I prefer the 8moa. The size of the dot can also be used as a semi range finder in relation to the size of a Gobblers head at 40 yds. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,19175.15.html. Lee

FL-Boss

I just got the 3moa last week.  Glad I did.. I would think the 8moa would be way too large for me.

stinkpickle

Mine is the 3MOA.  I haven't tried one with the 8MOA, but I probably wouldn't notice, anyway.