OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 gauge longbeard update!!!!sham

Started by wdog, March 29, 2017, 06:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdog

As many of you know these things seem to be non existent. I called macks Prairie wings today which was supposed to have them today. The lady said they received 5 boxes from them and that's all they were going to receive, she stated all backorders were going to be refunded. What an absolute joke, Winchester should be ashamed of themselves. You do all this advertising and even have specialty chokes made and no one can even get hands on these things.

I finally said screw it today and bought 4 boxes of heavy weight #7 from bass pro. Sorry winchester I was willing to give you a shot but this whole thing leaves me sour.

Ps free shipping on orders of $75.00 for you boys looking for fhw.

FL-Boss

well you ended up making the right choice. Have a hard time believing any lead #6 can compete with HW

davisd9

You came out way better than you would have with them things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

BowBendr

I never did understand the demand for them. I guess people thought that the resin would turn a 1.25 oz lead 6 load into a 50 yd gobbler smasher ?

Gods of Thunder

Greg Massey

You will like the HW, a lot better...you made the right choose...

owlhoot

HW7  will be a lot better than lead 6's at 1000 fps and resin that may or may not break etc.  They did you a favor!

Ridge

I agree with everyone else on the HW 7's. However, if you're still wanting to give them a go, it looks like Midway has them in stock.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/791794/winchester-long-beard-xr-turkey-ammunition-20-gauge-3-1-1-4-oz-5-copper-plated-shot

Dr Juice

Now they are unavailable through Midway.

Bolandstrutters

I'm guessing they are having some sort of problem with the round.  Youre better off with the HW 7s though.  Longbeards wont ever be able to out perform them.

tha bugman

Quote from: wdog on March 29, 2017, 06:51:15 PM
As many of you know these things seem to be non existent. I called macks Prairie wings today which was supposed to have them today. The lady said they received 5 boxes from them and that's all they were going to receive, she stated all backorders were going to be refunded. What an absolute joke, Winchester should be ashamed of themselves. You do all this advertising and even have specialty chokes made and no one can even get hands on these things.

I finally said screw it today and bought 4 boxes of heavy weight #7 from bass pro. Sorry winchester I was willing to give you a shot but this whole thing leaves me sour.

Ps free shipping on orders of $75.00 for you boys looking for fhw.
the heavyweights have the flight control wad as well don't they?

turkeyfoot

MDSTRUTNRUT

As all have said already, you are much better off with the HW 7's anyway unless you can load up TSS 9's.  I just bought some 7's from BASSPRO last week, on sale plus rebate and free shipping if over $25.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

varmint101

I too was disappointed that I could never find any 20ga LBXR.  Hunting with my 20 for the first time this year and wanted to try that since the 12 did so well.  Luckily I got some heavyweight 7's from buds guns and midway and also some hevi-13 6 and magblends to try.  All do well out to the 40 I patterned.  The double X 5's I tried were pretty sorry that far out.  Really happy with the HTL loads except for the price lol.

Cutt

Quote from: BowBendr on March 29, 2017, 07:43:29 PM
I never did understand the demand for them. I guess people thought that the resin would turn a 1.25 oz lead 6 load into a 50 yd gobbler smasher ?

Gods of Thunder

It's because of crappy advertisements like this, 50 yards? their claiming 60 plus here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfPBAqOMajQ