turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbeard failure must see

Started by Fl strutter, March 29, 2017, 03:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fl strutter

I did. The woman I spoke with didn't even know what longbeards were. I gave her the lot# and offered to send target but she said not to send it. I just can't trust them after what I saw.

BandedSpur

Failure rate must be real low, or we would have heard more reports of it happening. Still, no way I'm taking a chance on them.

Longshanks

Quote from: BandedSpur on March 30, 2017, 08:44:11 AM
Failure rate must be real low, or we would have heard more reports of it happening. Still, no way I'm taking a chance on them.

The only reports I have seen have been from the folks I know that have shot a tremendous number of the shells. Most hunters go out and pattern with a few shots and Hunt from there on out. The bad results I have seen were not the entire box or Lot #. The majority of the box shot well with a few out of the box not shooting well. Lost confidence in the shells even though the majority in the box patterned well. Turkeys are hard to come by so to risk whether or not the shell in the gun was a good one wasn't worth it.

Tennessee Lead

I shot one of the old red shell
Supreme XX Magnums 3.5" 2&1/4 oz 5's last week that put a slug hole in the paper at 40.
That's the 3rd time they'd happened out of that box I had from years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

I said when these first came out the resin concerned me but any shell can have issues.  I'm curious about a box that is a few years old, how does the resin hold up?  I'll personally stick with traditionally buffered shells.

Philippe

I want to see someone use the resin technology with TSS

davisd9

Quote from: Philippe on March 30, 2017, 01:25:31 PM

There is no point to try with TSS when 20 gauges are putting 300+ in 10" at 40 yards.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Philippe

Quote from: davisd9 on March 30, 2017, 02:58:26 PM

There is no point to try with TSS when 20 gauges are putting 300+ in 10" at 40 yards.

C'mon aren't you the least bit curious of what it would do at different distances?

owlhoot

Quote from: Philippe on March 30, 2017, 06:21:27 PM

C'mon aren't you the least bit curious of what it would do at different distances?
.  Nope. We don't need 100 yard turkey guns. ;)

davisd9

No, I shoot as far as I am going to regardless of what comes out. I am more than happy with my setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wvmntnhick

There have been multiple stories like this. I've not had it happen but I don't use them anymore since switching to TSS. Also, my buddy had one that fractured while in his tube after firing the first round. There's enough recoil generated to bust that resin in shells that are in the tube apparently. In fact, the resin busted and the "shot card" broke spilling the contents in his magazine tube and some came back into the action rendering the gun useless until he could get it home and disassemble it. It's a good product in theory if you're shooting lead but certainly has some issues.

Farmboy27

Hey, they advertise 65 yard kills and better penetration than other lead loads!  Maybe that's what they meant.

Gobble!

Quote from: owlhoot on March 30, 2017, 06:29:08 PM

.  Nope. We don't need 100 yard turkey guns. ;)

x2

kjnengr

Quote from: Farmboy27 on March 30, 2017, 08:11:58 PM
Hey, they advertise 65 yard kills and better penetration than other lead loads!  Maybe that's what they meant.

:TooFunny:

devin4484

That is still a dead bird at 40.  Anything manufactured is going to have an issue at some point.