turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DIY Kentucky Public Hunt

Started by bigjames50, March 28, 2017, 08:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjames50

A friend and myself are looking to do a Out of state Kentucky public land hunt this year. I know there are a lot of wma's, and DBNF has lots of land. Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on public hunting in Kentucky? I've been hunting Ohio public ground for 10+ years and have had lots of success and very few issues.

bigjames50

I forgot to mention that we would be going down opening weekend.

darron

I Know a guy who goes to piedbody every year and does well. His only complaint were the snakes called wipers? I guess the darn things rare up in ya like a cobra lol

jwright8

Some good WMAs in KY. As far as DBNF goes, it is usually very tough hunting.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Lbl, dbnf or Peabody..... DBNF prolly has the most birds and the toughest terrain.

EKyhookr

What part  of the state you wanting to hunt?

bigjames50

Doesn't really matter to us. Just looking for a decent place to go.

tha bugman

turkeyfoot

If you hunt DB better like climbing hills plenty there and the old gobbler will always be on the opposite Mtn that your on

bigjames50

Kylongspur88

If you've got a boat some good WMA s around lakes in East KY.

bigjames50

Anyone hunted the Grayson lake WMA? I'm not finding much info about it other than what's on the Kentucky Dnr website.

EKyhookr

I live near Grayson, good numbers. Never hunted there know some who have and had good luck. Like earlier if u have a boat it would make it easier at Grayson. Yatesville is within an hour of there also, lots of birds there also but again a boat would make it much easier.

bigjames50

We've decided to give DBNF a try. As of now the plan is to head toward the mill creek area and give that a shot. Anyone hunted in that area?

joey46

KY has an excellent telecheck system.  You should be able to view the harvest results for the last few turkey seasons.  That should help select what counties to hunt.  Good luck.  KY is a beautiful state.