turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Not too enthused about my experience...

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 28, 2017, 11:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I ordered a few mouth calls from Halloran turkey calls on March 19th, but I have yet to hear anything about it. I sent them an email on March 23rd because I never received a confirmation email (except from PayPal that my order has been sent to Halloran Turkey Calls), but never heard anything back. I then called, but did not get ahold of anybody.

I realize that turkey call companies are busy this time of year, but I ordered a couple of calls from Hook's on March 26th, and they shipped out yesterday. I ordered another call from Hook's last night, and I have already received an email saying that it has shipped, so I consider 10 days of not hearing anything to be pretty poor.

I am not sure what else to do, but I will be contacting PayPal to get my money back, as well as taking my business elsewhere in the future.

turkeymanjim

Don't blame you a bit for taking your business elsewhere. The are so many other call manufacturers out there that will be happy for your business.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

sixbird

My children bought me a Metal Mouth for my birthday. There seemed to be a number of delays and the communication wasn't the best. It did come in time for my b-day party but it was a cliff hanger, so to speak...
That said, the call is exceptional. I think pretty much anything that David makes is in the upper ranks regarding quality and performance...It'll be worth the wait and the frustration. My advice...Just chill and let it happen as it does...I know you want it now but, like I say, I think you'll be happy when it does happen...

Bowguy

My understanding is he has another business as many do. His reception isn't the best n from what I heard he needs to go into town to get reception. Add to that a busy time of year for all makers n you can see the probs. Be patient, his calls are worth it imo

deerbasshunter3

I already entered a claim with PayPal for a refund. Again, I understand that turkey call businesses are busy this time of year, but order from any other company (assuming the order is within reason, ie: a couple of mouth calls, not five or six items), and you receive your order within a week (I have ordered from two other companies recently and have already received the items, or at least an email saying that they have been shipped).

As far as a person having multiple businesses, or even bad cell service, that is not the consumer's fault or problem. That is something that the owner should take care of if he/she wants to run a business. Furthermore, if it is a one-man operation, common sense would dictate that a message be placed on the website alerting customers that the owner is not currently available to receive orders (being at shows/hunting/etc...).

Now, I can understand if I had ordered a pot call, a box call, some mouth calls, and some shirts or hats, but I ordered three mouth calls (a combo pack, so really one item) from a website. I, personally, find it hard to believe that an item can be ordered from a website, and I don't even receive a confirmation email.

I am sure Halloran is a great guy/company, and I don't expect my one issue to even be a second thought in their mind(s), but as a consumer, I certainly expect better.

Bowguy

I understand how you feel n I don't personally know the man but many makers are years out n the websites years since updated. Just my .02

perrytrails

David is a great guy, you only have to talk to him once to figure that out.

He makes some of the most desirable calls out there, high quality with exceptional sound.

All that comes with a cost. I'm sure he'd give up his regular job to to what he desires most, more time to make calls, but unfortunately most can't.

It says, or use to say 2 weeks on his website. I'd say that's just not gonna happen in march or April. Give him time, he will respond.

I'd bet if he answered every phone call he had a day in march or April he'd be on the phone 4 hrs a day.

Don't wait till March to order custom calls, I know we have all done it. Get them in the fall or early winter.

Like was said, some guys have a year or two waiting list.

Spitten and drummen

I called and ordered a flame elder crystal mistress from him several weeks ago. just got word that it should ship early this week. He told me he was sorry and that he has been extremely busy. communication was not the greatest during this time. I agree with the op , he only ordered a pack of 3 mouth calls. I would think that would be an item that would ship fairly quick. I would understand a delay for a pot or box call this time of year , but mouth calls not so much.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

FLGobstopper

If you still want the calls let me know. There's a local shop that I used to run that carries them and I can get them to send to you. They are great calls and some of the best I've run and I'll go through a lot of crap to always make sure there's several in my vest. That being said communications and confirmation was never a strong point when making orders but they always showed up and I was always very pleased.

If you're looking for a different maker I'd highly recommend Pecker Wrecker and or Gooserbat.

However if you want the Hallorans and I can help, let me know before I leave for Georgia in 10 days.

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 28, 2017, 12:20:09 PM
I already entered a claim with PayPal for a refund. Again, I understand that turkey call businesses are busy this time of year, but order from any other company (assuming the order is within reason, ie: a couple of mouth calls, not five or six items), and you receive your order within a week (I have ordered from two other companies recently and have already received the items, or at least an email saying that they have been shipped).

As far as a person having multiple businesses, or even bad cell service, that is not the consumer's fault or problem. That is something that the owner should take care of if he/she wants to run a business. Furthermore, if it is a one-man operation, common sense would dictate that a message be placed on the website alerting customers that the owner is not currently available to receive orders (being at shows/hunting/etc...).

Now, I can understand if I had ordered a pot call, a box call, some mouth calls, and some shirts or hats, but I ordered three mouth calls (a combo pack, so really one item) from a website. I, personally, find it hard to believe that an item can be ordered from a website, and I don't even receive a confirmation email.

I am sure Halloran is a great guy/company, and I don't expect my one issue to even be a second thought in their mind(s), but as a consumer, I certainly expect better.

yelpaholic

they also have some of hollorans calls  at midwest turkey call maybe they could better suit your needs..

Tennessee Lead

Hate you had a bad experience
I know he's been in Texas on a hunt last week and probably Florida if I was guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

I believe when you placed your order they were down in Texas hunting, he is home and trying to dig himself out on call orders and catch up on his day job work. If you call orders in he won't charge your card until he fills your order and ships as he knows he is running behind. I'd call him him up again, I called once yesterday and got David and spoke with him however I have sent emails in the past and never heard back.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TauntoHawk

This is a great example why some call makers avoid having websites or even facebook pages... the simple fact is these often aren't companies we are dealing with, most of the time its a single guy with a job, family, a hunting passion, and a hobby (call building)

I think you need to consider that when placing orders with makers, if you want immediate shipping I would suggest midwest or Macks PW which are companies
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vt35mag

Quote from: perrytrails on March 28, 2017, 01:43:07 PM
It says, or use to say 2 weeks on his website.

That's what I thought, 2-3 weeks wait for killer calls or something like that.

deerbasshunter3

Again, I understand that people get busy. No big deal. I already cancelled my order with PayPal. I am going to give the Hooks a try and stick with those and Legacy.