OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Better be checkin

Started by tha bugman, March 27, 2017, 10:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Quote from: TRG3 on March 29, 2017, 10:40:10 AM
If the wind will ever die down, I'll spray and let line dry 2-3 sets of outer hunting clothes (sock tops, bibs, shirts, leafy camo, hat, ground lounger, etc.) with permethrin, mixed 1.5 ounces/1 gallon of water. I've done this for 6-7 seasons and have found only 2-3 tiny ticks total in that time. Our first season, which comes in on April 3rd in Southern Illinois, is only 5 days in length, so that should get me by.
you aint kidding on the wind!  I went to spray mine and it was so high I had to take them into the open garage spray them and then hang them up...good thing was that it dried quick

ncwoodsman

Just when we thought Lyme Disease was the worst. Have you fellas seen this recent rare tick-borne Powassan virus or heard of it? I am seeing lots of posts about this recently and thought it was worth sharing.

http://www.today.com/health/worse-lyme-tick-borne-powassan-virus-worries-experts-t110892

daddyduke

2 years ago while deer hunting in the fall I thought i got a case of chiggers on my leg. Turned out to be Lone Star Tick larvae. One month later my wife made a beef roast. That night went into anaphylactic shock. Now I cannot eat any red meat. Since then 4 other people i know had the same thing happen. Google red meat allergy for more info. Some times only one bite can cause this.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

HFultzjr

Quote from: ncwoodsman on May 03, 2017, 12:55:51 PM
Just when we thought Lyme Disease was the worst. Have you fellas seen this recent rare tick-borne Powassan virus or heard of it? I am seeing lots of posts about this recently and thought it was worth sharing.

http://www.today.com/health/worse-lyme-tick-borne-powassan-virus-worries-experts-t110892

Yeah, just read about that today as being in PA.
Really starting to suck..................
That's some nasty stuff.
:newmascot:

birddogdoc

I freaking hate ticks.  I pulled 77 off me one time in the piney strip in NE.  I'm thankful we don't see them here where I chase turkeys in Colorado

pabossie255

I just sprayed down my gear today good heading back out in the morning.

Gold Spur

This season I used Sawyer permethrin spray on my clothing. I didn't get a single tick or chigger on me. I highly recommend it.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!