turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

On the board in TN - youth hunt

Started by taylorjones20, March 27, 2017, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorjones20

Saturday was the youth hunt here in TN and I took my nephew to try and get his first turkey.  We set up on a few gobblers throughout the morning and got close (within 60 yards) a couple of times but just couldn't seal the deal.  Then after lunch we found a few more gobblers and they didn't seem to have any hens with them.  We got as close and we could and sat and I started calling. I could see one of them looking our way.  I called a little more and then I seen him running toward us.  He ran to about 30 yards and then started walking looking for the hen.  When he came around a tree at 25 yards my nephew dropped him in his tracks. He made an excellent shot and literally flipped the gobbler over on his back. He flopped for no longer than 3 seconds. 
Gobbler weighed 22.5lbs 9.5" beard - 1" spurs.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Dukejb

dublelung

Congrats on his first gobbler! That's a heavy turkey!

Greg Massey

Nice bird, congrats...to the young man ...

Remturkey

Great job young man, your life will never be the same

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

taylorjones20

Thanks fellas. I think he's hooked for life!  It sure was a great feeling to be there for his first turkey!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILHUNTER

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Bowguy

suburbhunter

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Rio Fan