OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTB: Weatherby SA-459

Started by ncwoodsman, March 26, 2017, 07:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwoodsman

I'm wondering where is the best place to purchase a Weatherby sa-459 20 gauge. Just searching online it looks like many places are out of stock - feedback would be greatly appreciated. Have any of you fellas purchased one recently? Thanks!

Fullfan

Did you try Buds gunshop??  Just checked and they are also out of stock
Don't gobble at me...

ncwoodsman

Yep, I looked at Buds gunshop online. I may just puchase one from my local dealer here. Might be backordered though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duffer58

Check Buds every couple of days.  They were out of stock but I kept checking and surprise they got a few in.  I just received mine.  I set it up today and as soon as it stops raining I'm going to dial it in and pattern it.  Really like the fit and feel of the gun but the trigger has a lot of creep (expected that based on the posts here on OG).  I'm calling a local gunsmith tomorrow to see if he isn't too busy and can clean up the trigger / reduce the creep.
870 SPS SM 23" Barrel / Indian Creek 0.665 / EO Tech 512 & Weatherby SA-459 / Carlson 0.555 / Vortex Venom

ncwoodsman

Ok, thanks for the tip on Buds. I will keep checking online. What choke and shells are you using? I've heard the SumToy with the Federal HW #7s is killer.

Duffer58

I bought several boxes of the Federal HW #7's.  For a choke I went with the Carslon .575.   Reading over the posts here on OG opinion seemed to be SumToy will provide bit higher numbers but the Carlson also throws good patterns.  I was already ordering some other stuff from Midway USA so I just added a Carlson choke to the order.
870 SPS SM 23" Barrel / Indian Creek 0.665 / EO Tech 512 & Weatherby SA-459 / Carlson 0.555 / Vortex Venom

ncwoodsman

Ok, thanks for the good info. I've heard some good things about those Carlson's chokes as well. Congrats on the new toy!

Fullfan

I shot mine with the SumToy choke and the federal heviweight #7' and it would do 160-170 in the 10@ 40.
Don't gobble at me...

ncwoodsman

Quote from: Fullfan on March 27, 2017, 08:38:26 AM
I shot mine with the SumToy choke and the federal heviweight #7' and it would do 160-170 in the 10@ 40.

That's some good numbers for sure @40 yards. Sounds like a turkey slayer! I ordered my SA-459 this morning from my local gun dealer. Can't wait to get it in and see what she will do.