turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Greenleaf New England Pardner

Started by mbowyer51, March 24, 2017, 11:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbowyer51

Came across this the other day. I have seen them in bottomland before but had never seen one in greenleaf so I had to add it to the collection. Anyone else have one in this pattern?

Izzyjoe

Never seen one like that before, I assume it's a slug gun.

mbowyer51

It actually has a fixed full barrel on it

paboxcall

I have on, but it is the factory dipped original Bottomland.  That fore end stock looks like an aftermarket with the swivel stud out front, so I'm thinking that must be an aftermarket dip job.  Cool looking little gun, congrats on the find!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

NYshotgunner

I've never seen an H&R or NEF in factory camo, did they exist?
"Don't go pokin' at it, don't over think it"
NRA Life Member, Veteran

paboxcall

Quote from: NYshotgunner on March 25, 2017, 01:42:58 PM
I've never seen an H&R or NEF in factory camo, did they exist?

Yes, they were the NWTF gun of the year about 20-25 years ago.  Factory dipped in original Bottomland.  Came in both 12 gauge chambered for 3.5" and 10 gauge. 
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

turkey buster

surehuntsalot

I had one several years ago, 12ga 3.5" fixed full choke in mossy oak green leaf just like this one, it was a factory dip job
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

YELPA

Got the same gun less the rifle sights and scope.  12 gauge fixed full 3".  Light as a feather.  Barrel is at SumToy getting threaded for screw-in choke now.  Shot it the past two years as is.  Love it.

wvmntnhick

Love the looks and weight of those guns. Until they're fired that is. Then I'd rather just slam my head in a car door. It'll be less painful. Maybe I'm a pansy but those things kick worse than my 835, and that's saying a lot.

mbowyer51

Quote from: YELPA on March 27, 2017, 09:15:14 PM
Got the same gun less the rifle sights and scope.  12 gauge fixed full 3".  Light as a feather.  Barrel is at SumToy getting threaded for screw-in choke now.  Shot it the past two years as is.  Love it.

I was thinking about having that done too. What thread pattern is he putting in it for you?

paboxcall

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 27, 2017, 09:36:57 PM
Love the looks and weight of those guns. Until they're fired that is. Then I'd rather just slam my head in a car door. It'll be less painful. Maybe I'm a pansy but those things kick worse than my 835, and that's saying a lot.

Why I only shoot 3" through mine.  The recoil from the 3.5" was insane.

longislandloco

Me wantin' a single shot, let my search begin.........waiting to see the new single from Henry, the walnut stock looks real nice.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

YELPA

I shoot 2 3/4" shells to compensate for the recoil.  I've asked William to thread it to Win choke.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: paboxcall on March 28, 2017, 10:11:27 AM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 27, 2017, 09:36:57 PM

Why I only shoot 3" through mine.  The recoil from the 3.5" was insane.
Never enjoyed the 3" shells in those to be honest. Heck, I don't really even like the 2-3/4" 20 ga either. I'm not a fan of recoil though. If I felt it while shooting at game animals, I'd use a pellet gun for everything.  :funnyturkey: