OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My turn to brag

Started by deltaV, April 10, 2011, 11:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

Congrats to the young hunter and to you for taking him! Nice bird and nice pic!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

JDogg

Thats great on taking your kid out and getting a bird.  I know those memories will be burned into your mind forever. There is absolutely nothing like it! 

Its ridiculous however that people wouldn't want kids getting out in the woods.  My  son got his first bird when he was 6, got his second this year and now he's 8.
Here in Missouri they realized if they are going to be getting money from hunting permits in the future, then there will have to be hunters who want to buy those tags.

Here's a trick you can try for taming the 3" loads.  I used it for my son and it works great. He even shoots a single shot so the recoil is even more.  Remove the buttpad and fill the hole for the stock screw with small lead bird shot like 8s or 9s.  It adds some weight but really tames the recoil.  It is alot heavier to carry but I do all the carrying for safety reasons.

dh515

Congrats!  As a dad, nothing better than being able to put your kid on a bird.