OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best box I ever heard

Started by Bowguy, March 23, 2017, 09:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Was at Schafers the other day. We ran some calls n he had picked up a couple Marlin Watkins boxes, one of them mora over butternut. Holy smokes that was a good call. I've never even seen mora. Anyone seen or run a box like this? Great combo or just a great box

Spitten and drummen

I had a mora over butternut on order from marlin. It sounded great until i heard the bloodwood over beech. That call is in my vest now.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

MikeStaten

I picked up a Mora over poplar longbox from Marlin in Nashville.  Sounds awesome. Kee kees are easy and sound amazing. Funny that you mention Jimmy Schaffer because he was with me and recommended it to me. 

Will

That Mora and Butternut box is just like you said. Sounds just like a mature hen and sounds great. I'm excited to se how it works this Spring. Mr Watkins made me a Bloodwood over Butternut a few years ago that is killer!

Happy hooker

Anybody heard those combos in his paddle calls???

MikeStaten

Quote from: Happy hooker on March 23, 2017, 01:54:51 PM
Anybody heard those combos in his paddle calls???

My Mora over Poplar is a paddle call. 

vt35mag

Marlin makes an awesome box for sure.  I absolutely love the ebony/persimmon he sent me.  Just got off the phone with him and got on the list for another.

Happy hooker

Bowguy
Any chance you might get him to add a pic and Soundfile of that Mora???
Best box I ever heard is such a tease :drool:

Will

Mora over Butternut and Mora over Wormy Butternut

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bowguy

Quote from: Happy hooker on March 23, 2017, 03:02:55 PM
Bowguy
Any chance you might get him to add a pic and Soundfile of that Mora???
Best box I ever heard is such a tease :drool:
Next time you order a call from him just ask him to run it for ya

Wildfowler

Just got these in the mail, mora over chestnut.  Blood wood over butternut. Mr. Watkins sent me four sound clips and I couldn't choose just one...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Great now I need 1 or 4

Last time I heard that best box I even played I ordered 4 more lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hunter22

Great calls from one of the best.

mgm1955

Picked up a mora/blue mahoe short box. Absolutely a turkey killer. It's now in my vest replacing a snakewood/persimmon, also a stone cold killer. All of the combos mentioned are fantastic. Marlin is an awesome callmaker and a fine gentleman. Any call he fixes you up with will talk turkey!!!