OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Had to do one for myself

Started by callmakerman, March 20, 2017, 07:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

Been turning strikers for the last  three months on my days off and today I did one for me. I broke the shaft off my softalker striker last fall and needed a new striker for this season and since I had to do one I went to town. I've had two nice snakewood shorts and a thin board that I have been saving for the right time. I also had some nice white stuff that I've been sitting on for a few years so it was time to go to work. I couldn't be happier with the results as both strikers and the softaker pot sound so nice. My original pot is mesquite and I love the sound of it but man this snakewood sounds sooooo nice. I'll see what the season brings.http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/Smileys/classic/cool.gif

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Ol Yelper

Nice Bill. Good for you! And got my new strikers today. They're great. Love em!!

hunter22

Clardh

That call and the strikers are beautiful! I know if you made them, they are full of turkey!!! :icon_thumright:

SS Calls

SteelerFan

West Augusta

You put that Snakewood to good use. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mspaci

doublespurs21

nice looking call,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

billyb

1iagobblergetter

callmakerman

Thanx for the kind words. For those that don't know, this is my version of the of DD Adams stop sign call. The palm of your hand helps make a sound chamber. This call is not for loud calling but more for the soft tree yelps with some great clucks and purrs.

crenshawco

CMBOSTC