OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WI Youth Hunt Double (Updated with Video)

Started by simpzenith, April 10, 2011, 12:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simpzenith

Earlier this year, Scott Hembrook, aka WillowRidgeCalls, invited me down to Marshall for the Wisconsin youth hunt which was this weekend. I drove down Friday night and meet up with Scott Saturday morning along with the two youths (siblings) we were taking out. From Scott's reports, the birds were still grouped together so he decided we would all hunt together and hopefully double up. While we were setting up the blinds in the dark, the birds started gobbling, something I haven't witnessed in some time. It's usually starting to get light before I hear any gobbles. Anyway, the birds were gobbling good several hundred yards behind us and a couple of hens started yapping in front of us. As soon as it was good light, the hens flew toward the gobbles and that was the end of that. After an hour or so of calling and casual conversation among ourselves, we finally heard another gobble. Scott and I ramped up our calling and the birds started hammering away and closing in a hurry. A minute or two later, three jakes appeared to our right and quickly approached our decoy setup. Click the link below for the video. Thanks Scott for inviting me down for a wonderful and exciting event! I'd also like to thank Tom and Julie Bergholz of Marshall, WI for organizing the youth hunt. There were 52 youths for this years hunt. I passed out a box load of turkey calls sent up from Hooks. Thank you Scott Hook, the kids loved them. A great event and I'm already looking forward to next year!  :icon_thumright:

http://youtu.be/NjSOFhUPwcw

TRKYHTR

Thats some happy looking kids right there. Congrats Shane,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

chatterbox

Way to go Scott and Shane!
The smiles tell it all! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

trkycaller

JVA54

Gold Spur

Congrats guys! Those are some nice birds.... :you_rock: :you_rock:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

hobbes

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: chatterbox on April 10, 2011, 03:47:29 AM
Way to go Scott and Shane!
The smiles tell it all! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
:wav:
I'm looking forward to seeing the video.

njdevilsb

Good stuff.  Congrats to everyone.

FireDoc

Nice job!  :icon_thumright:

And just think, not that long ago we were sitting on a plane in Nashville heading to Detroit to beat a snowstorm! Welcome Spring!  :z-guntootsmiley:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

socalturkeyman

Nice Shane, I bet those kids and yourself had a blast on that hunt! :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Flydown

Great Job fellas! AWESOME! :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

bowhunter84