turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Addition to crystal mistress?

Started by RiverRoost, March 20, 2017, 08:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I have Halloran crystal mistress and really like it. I also have his Wenge slate but haven't just fallen in love with it yet. Maybe a should try a different striker so any suggestions there? Or what other pot would you replace it with and keep the CM in my vest?

letinmfly

If you're looking for a slate Scott Hock on here makes a really good one.  Eddie Wynne makes a killer slate. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Bowguy

If you can find one of Davids older laminate slates that call is awesome

RiverRoost

Doesn't have to be a Slate just not sold on the way my Wenge sounds right now. Maybe I need to try a different striker on it.

Tennessee Lead

I would try different strikers and see if you can find a sound you like
Matt McClain's black Locust would be a start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

If it doesn't have to be a slate get a good aluminum

Spitten and drummen

Call and order a brad roberts glass over aluminum in zebrawood or popalar.  These are really fine sounding pot calls.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Clardh

Quote from: letinmfly on March 20, 2017, 08:58:24 AM
If you're looking for a slate Scott Hock on here makes a really good one.  Eddie Wynne makes a killer slate.

Scott does make a killer slate! If I were you I would try different strikers on Hollarans wenge call like Tennessee Lead said and you thought. I know for me a Macassar Ebony striker loves slate. I would get a hold of Bill Lyman on here and order some strikers. IMO he makes some of the best.

Have fun!

southern_leo

Quote from: MDTOM84 on March 20, 2017, 03:23:40 PM
Try one of David Halloran's one piece persimmon strikers on your wenge & walnut slate. That's what I run on mine and I think it sounds great
Same here. Also like his two piece purple heart on it. But persimmon one piece is the best

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

I run David's one piece Yellow Heart on my W/W slate. I really like the sound it produces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk