Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Aluminum pots-are they worth having one?

Started by upnorth, March 19, 2017, 10:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnorth

If I did get one I was looking at either Lights Out Yellowheart Anodized Aluminum Call' or Halloran Aluminum maple call? Preference anyone?

Just looking for a call with a little more carrying distance sound that is real? Which gives the most realistic call for you? Slate,glass or aluminum?
Lot of questions I guess here.

Bowguy

Aluminum is def worth havin. I'd recommend a Schafer,  Lonzo, Dawkins, MAC,  or Dustin Jones.
Welcome to OG

upnorth

scoot12

Yes they are definately worth having.  For some guys aluminum is their favorite surface.  Scoot

TauntoHawk

I've had hallorans maple aluminum, a hooks cedar aluminum, and a schaffer atomic 13.

The halloran was a great call I was always impressed with soundfiles I would record at how real it sounded. I traded it away for a box call not because it was bad but that my call addiction is too much at times. Lol

The schaffer atomic rides in my vest now and I like just a little bit more than the halloran but both are great.

The hooks had no soundboard and had a bit more of a matalic sound to it then I like.

I'm actually in the market to add another aluminum soon, I hear great things about schaffers aluminum over aluminum and dawkins/lonzo stone aluminum calls. 

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MikeStaten

Yes.

Lonzo makes a great on in his stoned or anodized.  If you prefer bead blasted, Schaffer makes a great one. 

beakbuster10

Dawkins stoned aluminum over slate. I go back and forth on whether or not it's my number one pot call a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Upnorth being you're new to the forum you may not be famaliar w all the makers n may not know how to reach them. Many are not in catalogs. Either they have a website or Facebook. If that doesn't work you can always just ask for the phone numbers. Someone will have em

golfernash

My Dawkins aluminum in the plastic pot is hands down my favorite to date.

tomfooleryy

It's hard to beat a schaffer aluminum over aluminum. On a windy day it will really reach out there. Also they are very easy to run and the surface he uses requires very little maintenance.

Dukejb

I have two aluminum calls from Lights Out and really like them both. My shedua and aluminum from Wendell is the first pot call I've ever been able to make sound remotely like a turkey, but it was also my first custom turkey call.

birdhunterdave

Get you an atomic 13 from jimmy schaffer

skimerhorn

I've got a atomic 13 and a as aluminum. Both are great

Jbird22

I have an older Lights Out in a Mahogany pot as well as the new Hanks in Padauk and I'd hunt both in a heartbeat! Yes, a "good" aluminum is worth having.

yelpy

I been running a Lyman tulipwood on a Schaffer Atomic 13 and its such a great running and sounding call using the Lyman striker. I have a hard time with running the call with Jimmy's 2 piece striker unless using a lot of pressure but the Lyman makes it an easy runner.  The best I have I think. You can't go wrong adding an aluminum pot to your arsenal!