News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you shoot (shells)

Started by Zombie1978, March 18, 2017, 11:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

20ga
old Remington hevishot 3" #6's (green and yellow box)
Federal pre FC 3" #5' and 6's
Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 3" 7-1/2's
Federal HW 3" # 6's

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

reynolds243

20 gauge TSS #9
12 gauge 3" magblends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkTurkMan

Federal HW 7's in my 20 GA
Hevi-13 Three inch 2oz #6's in my 12 GA

Bolandstrutters

Heavyweight 7s in my 20 gauge, 3 inch #6 longbeards in my 12 gauge.

Lucky_Strutter

Nitro H517 4x5x7's & H13 2 1/4 oz #6's
The Great White Spur Hunter

Yoder409

20 ga   Fed Heavy 7's

12 ga   Win LB whichever shot size I grab........... usually 5's

10 ga   Win Supreme HV 6's til they quit making them....... 5's now
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

coyote1

trkehunr93

3.5" Win HV 5's, I'm old school

potter

2.25 ounce , no4 winxx 10 gauge red hull
            Great shell used my last one
nitro 456 or fed hw7 in the 10 gauge flavor for this year

sswv

12ga 3" Longbeards  #6

20ga 3" Federal Heavy 7's

Brs2427

Benelli sbe 2 truelock federal #7 choke with federal heavy weight 7s 3.5 inch
wifes gun Benelli montefeltro truelock federal #7 choke with federal heavy weight 7s 3inch
Mossberg 500 20 gauge with red dot carlsons 575 and 3 inch federal heavy weight 7's
I have shot a bunch of different loads but just really love how hard these federal 7's hit!

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

Ihuntoldschool

I like a plain lead shotshell without all that copper/nickel wash.  I shoot the Strut Shoks by Federal in #6 shot.

Ontario_caller

Depends on the gun I'm carrying on any given day and the terrain I intend to hunt that day.
I run H13 in 3.5 Inch in 1-3/4 oz and 2-1/4 oz in both 5s and 6s. 5 boxes left.
This year I will be trying longbeards in 3.5 2oz 5s as well as 3 inch 1-3/4 oz in both 5s and 6s. I've been running h13 exclusively for about 5 years now but just for fun and variety as well as a cheaper alternative I wanted to give the longbeards a try so far my testing in two shotguns is looking very promising. I don't intend to shoot h13 this upcoming season at all to see how it goes. I don't think I'm really going to notice much of a difference except maybe in the wallet.
Some places I hunt later in the season are very thick and shots in these areas will most always be inside
30 yards or less in these situations I chose a straight traditional lead load either old federal premiums in 3-2-5s only 3 shells left and there done ,going to miss that shell or Winchester double x in 3x2x5s as well in 3 inch.
I run 4 dedicated turkey rigs and have patterned each one with these loads so I choose the loads that gave me the best results with each setup.
There He IS !

Dtrkyman

Just got a new 20ga turkey specific rig, so I got everything to load my own tss, just loaded the first 6 to test shoot with.

If your thinking of trying it, go for it.  Very simple and I enjoyed the process and know all my loads are identical!!!