OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

woodhaven mouth calls

Started by Life of Riley, March 18, 2017, 03:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Life of Riley

Why is there 9,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 models of them? About 20 different ghost cuts, combo cuts, split V, etc. I know everyone's pallet is shaped differently but it is ridiculous the amount of different calls they sell.

Tor

I personally use only one call from them: Toxic Orange. Only call I use, period.

SteelerFan

nyhunter

and what makes them worth $11.95- $14.95 ???? when you can buy several other brands for $5.00- $7.00. I have no clue but people still buy them for that much :bike2:

compton30

Quote from: nyhunter on March 18, 2017, 11:53:12 AM
and what makes them worth $11.95- $14.95 ???? when you can buy several other brands for $5.00- $7.00. I have no clue but people still buy them for that much :bike2:

X2 It's very off putting seeing them essentially be double the price of so many other mouth calls. Crazy

slwayne

Quote from: nyhunter on March 18, 2017, 11:53:12 AM
Agree.  Love their mouth calls, especially the toxic orange, but I am not willing to spend that kind of money on a mouth call.  Glad I bought a half dozen toxic orange calls back when the price was more reasonable.  I think they were called the Sadler McGraw ghost cut back then and I believe they sold for around $8.95.  That was more expensive than most others back then too but the price difference between Woodhaven and other call makers wasn't as pronounced as it is now.  Too many good options out there in the $5.99 - $8.99 to pay what they want.

Rzrbac

I used to be fond of them as well. The last few I bought weren't that great especially for the price.

mmclain

Personally I think they are stretched too tight

beakbuster10

Quote from: mmclain on March 18, 2017, 10:41:42 PM
Personally I think they are stretched too tight
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitro

I will never give Pentecost a dime. Ever.
Royal Slam 2008

LBA

Id rather see the high prices instead of all the low balling going on by lesser known call lines to stroke their egos. For the life of me I can't figure out how guys selling $2-$3 calls are making a profit after taxes

buzzardroost

They have priced themselves out of a lot of people's market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red vyper

vabeardhunter

compton30

Quote from: LBA on March 19, 2017, 01:27:47 PM
Id rather see the high prices instead of all the low balling going on by lesser known call lines to stroke their egos. For the life of me I can't figure out how guys selling $2-$3 calls are making a profit after taxes

This post is lunacy. Who cares if they are making a profit if they're providing you with a quality product?