OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Land Between the Lakes Quota Hunt

Started by Spur-n-spit, March 17, 2017, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spur-n-spit

Got lucky this year and my wife and I were both drawn for the first two day quota hunt at LBL. I live about an hour and a half from the area and will be able to do some scouting before the hunt. We will be hunting the TN side. Anyone have any suggestions on areas to hunt or any tips? All will be greatly appreciated!!

Kylongspur88

I'm a born and raised Kentuckian and I've never been to lbl  ??? ??? Good luck.

Roost 1

I'll be there too..... good luck buddy

Nickogatli

Good luck I forgot to apply this year!

greencop01

Ask Knight and Hale, they're friendly from everything I've read and I wouldn't be surprised they would point you in a general direction. They hunted there many, many times including hunting there with Dave Harbour.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Spur-n-spit

Thanks for the input guys. I would like to hear from people that have hunted there and hopefully had success. I've never hunted the area and need all the help I can get.

Greg Massey

for LBL, you need tick spray and good foot wear...some big hills and hollows ....area 15 and 16 are always good...check those area's ...

Spur-n-spit

I have good boots and even better tick spray. I don't mind climbing hills for a bird. I've heard 15 was a good area but also heard it will be full of people. Should I stick to the tops of the ridges or get near the creeks or lakes etc? Thanks again guys!

Greg Massey

I would hunt the creeks and bottoms they will green up the fastest ...i want to hunt the first green up area's ..

Spur-n-spit

ilbucksndux

I have hunted over there a few times and it was some pretty tough hunting,because it can get pretty crowded ,take a boat
Gary Bartlow

Chilly

Take the comments about the ticks very serious.  We got covered in ticks back in December while squirrel hunting there.  Good luck!
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

fallhnt

If you don't have a boat you may get hunter interference from the lake from those who do. Food for thought
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

SKFOOTER

Quote from: fallhnt on March 20, 2017, 01:54:40 AM
If you don't have a boat you may get hunter interference from the lake from those who do. Food for thought
Unless you hunt the interior sections that don't join the lake. :funnyturkey:

kyturkeyhunter4

Be sure to get you some good tick repellent because they are really bad at LBL, I deer hunt it.