turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lanyards

Started by Rzrbac, March 15, 2017, 05:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

Got a gulp tube from Mr. Lewis yesterday and made a lanyard for it. It's simple but I wanted to share this and explain why I do this.  Most of the lanyards supplied with calls rely on a spring to keep tension on the call.  I've had a few of them break several years ago with grunt tubes. A few years ago I got into elk hunting and bought some open reed calls with a few of them being expensive, at least to me.  I decided to just try this, a simple hangmans noose with 550 cord. I figure if I'm wearing an expensive call around my neck it needs to be secure.  It seems to work well and I trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

All I use for my trumpets! Works great.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bowguy

Funny that's exactly what I do w a twist I learned duck hunting. I use 2 hangmans nooses one for each part of a call on say a crow call. One piece call it isn't necessary. But if the call comes apart n only one side is tied, one sinks into the brook or leaves if you're turkey hunting. Anytime a call comes apart 2 is what I do

Tennessee Lead

I assume there is YouTube videos on tying such knots.
I need to order some lanyards but I've got a pack of 550 cord I can use if I can tie the knot

Rzrbac

Yessir. You can google them and find a bunch of examples. They are pretty easy and snug up tight.

Bowguy

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on March 15, 2017, 05:58:43 PM
I assume there is YouTube videos on tying such knots.
I need to order some lanyards but I've got a pack of 550 cord I can use if I can tie the knot

Tying the knot is very easy. If you can't find anything give me a day or two n pm me w your number n I'll video the knot making on a rope so you can see it clearly

Tennessee Lead

Thank you! I'm going to search tomorrow and see what I can do ha

MK M GOBL

Been making Lanyards for 19 years, used to be just the OD green now there are a lot of colors out there, and the Paracord is not all equal I only use 550 Type III MIL-C-5040 Paracord.

If you have questions let me know.

Haul-n-Call Custom Lanyards

MK M GOBL

Tennessee Lead

Ok I've got the knot down
Just took a second to refresh my memory
I had forgotten that I learned that knot in school
The only one question I have.
When I make to noose for the locator call, how would I tie a loop for wearing the lanyard?

Rzrbac

Just a simple knot and melt the ends.

M22

Curtis  Wingboneman Terrell did a video couple years ago on how to make lanyards  great video but can't find it anymore.

Tennessee Lead

Well I got all my Lanyards made and attached to both my vests.

While I was at it I tied paracord to each zipper on the SE2 that's a lot of zippers!