turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wonder who the boss is?

Started by scoot12, March 13, 2017, 11:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

Just wanted to share and get guys more in the mood like we need that.  Pic was taken on my 40 acres.

bornagain64

That white head. He is the boss.

g8rvet

I don't know about y'all, but if I am being really honest at my house, the boss is in the front of the frame - the hen. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

suburbhunter

Quote from: g8rvet on March 13, 2017, 01:02:53 PM
I don't know about y'all, but if I am being really honest at my house, the boss is in the front of the frame - the hen.
:z-winnersmiley:

Dr Juice

Quote from: Treerooster on March 13, 2017, 11:59:10 AM
:toothy12:

I can see the Major to the left and the lieutenant behind.
Lmao

Gooserbat

This woman is the boss

Hehe she would die if she only knew...
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 13, 2017, 04:35:35 PM
This woman is the boss

Hehe she would die if she only knew...
Priceless.

Personally, wouldn't mean a hill of beans to me. I just assume the first dumb long beard that walks into a dense pattern of shot is the boss. Seems to work for me.

mtns2hunt

Kinda looks like one of those Mexican stand offs to me. Course I ain't exactly politically correct.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Kylongspur88

Quote from: g8rvet on March 13, 2017, 01:02:53 PM

:agreed: :agreed:

MK M GOBL

If I were going to squeeze the trigger on one it would be the one starting to strut, I could make a double out of this hunt :)

In all reality here for those who would like to learn the dominance game this is a great picture, We have the Alpha/Beta/Omega.
Head color, body position and a few others lead to this. I have attached their social structure to this pic.

I use this a lot to determine which bird to take (Boss), if multiple hunters which to take first to provide an opportunity for a second bird or if I have 2 tags (Doubles).

I can go into the key points and what to look for.

MK M GOBL

TauntoHawk

Scoot and you still have more calls than gobblers ????

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TauntoHawk

That was supposed to not be a smiley face but my Emojis don't match up with oldgobbler I guess 

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

larry9988

Seems to me you own the RIGHT 40 acres!

scoot12

pretty lucky here in Wisconsin to have a surplus of birds and not a lot of turkey hunters.

Dr Juice

[/quote]
Priceless.

Personally, wouldn't mean a hill of beans to me. I just assume the first dumb long beard that walks into a dense pattern of shot is the boss. Seems to work for me.
[/quote]
Correct