OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yildiz turkey gun

Started by tha bugman, March 13, 2017, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Well I was in Academy's yesterday and bought one of the Yildiz turkey guns.  As I said in an earlier thread I really like the feel of this gun and for the price I just had to see what it would do.  Anyone else have one?

Strutr

I like single shots and shoot a TC Encore.  From what little I've read about the Yildiz singles, they are even lighter than my gun.   :o  Tell us a little more about your new shotgun and if you plan any mods for hunting..

deadbuck

Bugman: Did you give up on the 10 gauges?

tha bugman

Quote from: deadbuck on March 13, 2017, 01:57:50 PM
unfortunately I found out that I have nerve damage in my shoulder from years of shooting that is causing my ligament to shorten.  My doctor told me if I continued to shoot the larger guns that it could potentially be permanent.  I still have my 10's and will shoot them from time to time, but not as much as I have in the past.  >:(

Tom Foolery

I want to build a 20 gauge O&U Yildiz dipped in Bottom Land.

What action is yours?

Izzyjoe

BigGobbler

Feedback I have been getting is nothing but good.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: tha bugman on March 13, 2017, 02:06:41 PM
Quote from: deadbuck on March 13, 2017, 01:57:50 PM
unfortunately I found out that I have nerve damage in my shoulder from years of shooting that is causing my ligament to shorten.  My doctor told me if I continued to shoot the larger guns that it could potentially be permanent.  I still have my 10's and will shoot them from time to time, but not as much as I have in the past.  >:(
I've heard good things about the Yildiz guns. Having said that, if it's lighter than the T/C Encore and is a 12 ga, (I'm not certain what you've got) the recoil could be just as bad or worse than the 10 you were shooting. I had a 10 ga for several years growing up and foolishly traded it because of the perceived recoil. Ended up shooting a single shot 12 ga later that made me yearn for that 10 ga again. Anyway, good luck with it and hope it works out great for you. All the reviews I've heard/read have been great on the Yidliz products.

Swampchickin234

Pics or it didn't happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tha bugman

Quote from: Tom Foolery on March 13, 2017, 07:12:54 PM
I want to build a 20 gauge O&U Yildiz dipped in Bottom Land.

What action is yours?
It is a pump in MO Obsession

SKFOOTER

Lots of good info on this shotgun.  But I'm told there are not many turkey chokes available in this gun's choke threads?

tha bugman

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 14, 2017, 02:05:02 PM
Lots of good info on this shotgun.  But I'm told there are not many turkey chokes available in this gun's choke threads?
I saw a video on youtube where they said that they screwed a win choke in a yildiz and it worked perfectly.....but I have also heard that briley makes chokes that fit it....but I will lean on someone else to answer that question.

SKFOOTER

George Trulock carries chokes for the Yildiz. :turkey2: