turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Whats everyone buying this year?

Started by KYHeadhunter02, March 12, 2017, 11:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

It's that time of the year March madness basketball and turkey season! What kind of pots is everyone plan on adding to their arsenal? I got on the list early last year for a a couple Platz calls. Hoping to get those in the next couple of months. I may pickup another call from David Halloran. Thinking about the metal mouth. As always I'll be on the lookout for a Mabry. So many great calls out there!

rbreedi1

I've got the following this year:
Brad Roberts Poplar Bronzed Glass over Aluminum
Brad Roberts Elm Glass over Slate
Lon Trice Padauk Stoned Aluminum
Paul Platz Maple Slate
Clint Corder Osage Glass
Mark Cornelius Wenge Anodized Aluminum (on order)
Thunder Ridge Totes

JLH

Ive bought a bunch of pots this year....the best so far is this...Sinclair stainless steel over slate, in a 3 1/4" cocobolo pot...

It has the sweetest sounding yelp, raspy all the way through....it's sure to be a killer!

wcerin

I got a Brad Roberts Poplar Bronzed Glass over Aluminum I'm exited about trying this spring! Picked up a Halloran Wenge and Walnut slate but gave it to a buddy for his birthday. I liked it but it sounded almost the same to a tee to my Walnut slate Lee Chadwick made me and that call is a killer and doesn't leave my vest.
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

duckaholic25

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on March 12, 2017, 11:21:16 PM
It's that time of the year March madness basketball and turkey season! What kind of pots is everyone plan on adding to their arsenal? I got on the list early last year for a a couple Platz calls. Hoping to get those in the next couple of months. I may pickup another call from David Halloran. Thinking about the metal mouth. As always I'll be on the lookout for a Mabry. So many great calls out there!
Don't get your hope up on the Platz calls. I got on his list may 2015 and still haven't got mine yet.

Ol Yelper

Got a Hanks Zebrawood glass/aluminum, a Matt McLain Red Zebrawood slate, and any day now will be getting a Lonzo Padauk stoned aluminum. Also some real good strikers from McLain and a few Lyman strikers on the way. And not a pot but just ordered a Halloran Macassar Ebony box.

Smooth_Operator

I've got a bunch this year new to me but the one that is sure to see the woods is the Hank's Padauk aluminum, played around with it last night and it is amazing. It has replaced my Lonzo acrylic stoned aluminum as my number one aluminum, I was really surprised at how much I liked it.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Buckrub

I got 2 Lights Out 3" stainless over acrylic, a Chain Reaction black napalm 3.5" anodized aluminum over glass, a Sinclair 3.25" Cocobolo brass over slate and another Sinclair 3.25" Bocote stainless over slate and a Sinclair 3" Cherry crystal over slate. A Morning Sun 3.5" stabilized spalted/burl maple slate over slate and a Gunzenhauser 3.5" figured makore slate over glass.  :you_rock:

beakbuster10

Too much stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vabeardhunter

Quote from: wcerin on March 13, 2017, 02:41:25 PM
I got a Brad Roberts Poplar Bronzed Glass over Aluminum I'm exited about trying this spring! Picked up a Halloran Wenge and Walnut slate but gave it to a buddy for his birthday. I liked it but it sounded almost the same to a tee to my Walnut slate Lee Chadwick made me and that call is a killer and doesn't leave my vest.
The Halloran slate is a def killer. Must have one happy buddy!

Bolandstrutters

Just got on a list with Gary at Daybreak for a ceramic paduak, also have a halloran box coming hopefully soon.  The rest of my funds are going for tags and gas driving around 3 states.

yelpy

Too many. LOL! I am about done buying for this season. All the calls I bought were from the classifieds except for one. Its too easy and addicting.

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: yelpy on March 15, 2017, 12:33:58 PM
Too many. LOL! I am about done buying for this season. All the calls I bought were from the classifieds except for one. Its too easy and addicting.

You sir are correct about the addiction! It hasn't stopped since I found this site! Can we shut down the classifieds? Lol!....kidding. I enjoy looking, and buy occasionally.

yelpy

Quote from: yelpy on March 15, 2017, 12:33:58 PM

Sold one call and bought 2 Cody Woodsmans. One Slate and one Glass as per a tip from a great member here on OG. Got a good deal on them too.

MikeStaten

Over the last few months I got a few really nice calls-

Trice Stoned Aluminum over Aluminum in Agate pot
Trice Anodized Aluminum over Aluminum in Goncalo Alves Pot
Hanks Glass in Osage
Hanks Aluminum in Padauk
Marlin Watkins Longbox, Mora over Poplar
Ed Terefencko Lonbox, Bloodwood over Poplar
Jimmy Schaffer Cedar Trough Call

Each of these calls are outatanding. 

Also have a Trice Slate over Aluminum in Padauk pot on the way and really hoping my number comes up with Clint Corder soon.  Would love to pick up his Aluminum in Snakewood pot or his Glass in Osage pot.