OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recommend me your best slate

Started by Txag12, March 10, 2017, 09:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

Jbird22

My best slate is a Yellowheart pot made by Doug Morgan.

Jgarrett

Wow that's a tough call,
Just a few of my favorites....Halloran laminated slate over glass, Scott Hock Quartersewn white oak slate over slate, Lyman Bocote slate over glass, Brad Roberts Red Cedar slate over slate.....but man there are so many good ones out there
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

hunter22

I just got a Corder Osage slate/glass that is awesome. It jumped to near the top of the pack. It sounds a lot like a glass call.

wcerin

Lee Chadwick Walnut slate or a Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

vabeardhunter

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on March 10, 2017, 11:01:49 AM
My best Slate is the Halloran Wenge and Walnut slate. It doesn't run like a typical slate. More of a hybrid of slate and Crystal.
Derrick Stuckey makes a slate that's incredible. It runs like the Halloran W/W also. I would have bought it at the National Convention if I had enough funds left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2 for the Halloran Wenge & Walnut

Stump.270

The halloran walnut wenge and he had some zebrawood slates a platz if you can get one

Swampchickin234

Sneed hot hen!

cutt down

Paul Platz or Lon Trice. Both awesome!

jordanz7935

Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen is a great call.Only slate call that I've used for the past 4 seasons, I highly recommend it. I just got a Drop Dead Woodsman slate by Cody and it is also a great call! It sounds great, sweet soft talk and you can get really loud and aggressive with it and it doesn't skip a beat. Runs really consistent all the way around the call.The woodsman will be the first pot call out of my vest this season! Both Mr Sneed and Mr Zearing were a pleasure to do business with, great guys!

vt35mag

I have a lightsout quarter sawn oak, sneed hot hen, raspy boss, cornelius, and halloran wenge/walnut.  I would say the halloran is my fav out of the bunch.