turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recommend me your best slate

Started by Txag12, March 10, 2017, 09:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Dooley

If you are looking for a slate that sounds more like a glass then I think the Osage slate from hanks would be a good choice. I have the Lonzo Birdseye maple and the Hanks Osage. Both calls are equally good but just different. The Hanks Osage slate has more volume, and louder sharper cutts.

beakbuster10

Pat Strawser makes the best slate I've ever played. Keystone Klassic Limited edition slate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyote1

I like a slate to be soft but if you want one that sounds almost like glass i would recommend lights out slate over glass in quarter sawn white oak pot.

birdhunterdave

Ol Yelper

I just got a Matt McLain Red Zebrawood and its awesome. Also if you can get ahold of one of Al Shoemakers [SS] Game Over slates you'll be very pleased. Been using one for a couple seasons, it'll call soft and it'll crank it up when you want. Kee kees good to. Not sure if hes still making any pot calls though.

jed clampett

I have got quite a few slates..but I bought a slate/aluminum pot from Lee this year (misfire) on the forum...cant remember what wood it is but this pot sings with a Lyman persimmon..its definitely going to see some hunting time

Gobbleandgrunt

Wild talker game calls (mike battey)makes a killer slate. Just saying.

idratherb

cody spec one and I got two from lonnie mabry that are o so fine ;)

boatpaddle

Cody Spec 1 or a Legend

Battey Wild Talker

Rodger Parks gobbler slate.....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

PALongspur

Cody Spec 1

MAC's "new" slate over glass in a cherry pot

Parks Gobbler slate

rodney gillikin

I build calls get up with me if you want to hear some or I can build you one with want you are looking for.

Rodney Gillikin @
Pure T Momicked game calls
Bettie NC
https://www.facebook.com/PureTMommickedGameCalls/

Muskrat6

Obsession Calls make one heck of a slate..Best slate call I ever ran.

MK M GOBL

Over 22 years and more than 200 Longbeards says it all for me!!

Cody World Class Slate

MK M GOBL

yelpy

Quote from: Gobbleandgrunt on March 10, 2017, 09:12:19 PM
Wild talker game calls (mike battey)makes a killer slate. Just saying.

I believe Cody made them for Mike.

Daddy rat

I went threw bunch of slates the last few years , best 2 so far laminate Halloran(don't think he makes anymore) and natural addiction zebrawood slate w/ his persimmon striker is money in the bank