OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Foggy Bottom Boy goes down - VA

Started by econo, April 09, 2011, 11:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

econo

Went out this morning on my land. I was greeted with dense fog and drizzle. Waited at my listening spot till about 7:30. Then I eased out the ridge and setup and give a call. I heard a gobbler way off. After about 45 min. of calling to this bird, he finally was in sight. The fog was so thick he had come to about 25 yards before I could see him. He stood in 1 spot and gobbled about 10 times. I had the scope on him and was about to pull the trigger when he went into strutt. It was at this time I noticed he was a jake. After about another 20 minutes of him gobbling, he finally walked off. I get up and head back to where I started early this morning. As I was nearing the clearing where I was at daybreak, a gobbler sounded off no more than 75 yards below the clearing. I sit down at the only tree I had near by. I was in the wide open with just one little tree at my back. I give a series of yelps and he gobbled 4 times. Within 5 minutes I hear strutting and drumming. Then I see that white head coming up the logging road right at me. Again it was super foggy and he was within 30 yards before I could make him out. He strutted another 5 steps and I sounded off the old 870. 2 year old little over 1/2"spur on 1 side, the other 3/4" beard was 9 1/2". Had no scales to weigh??

May God bless you all

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

JVA54

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

turkey slayer

kansas hooks

cannonball

BOFF

I lover the foggy mornings, though the birds don't at times!!

Congrats!!

God Bless,
David B.

Trip

Ol'Mossy

Congrats on a nice gobbler, nice story too  :icon_thumright:

Hognutz

Nice gobbler. Great story..Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

chatterbox

Quote from: BOFF on April 09, 2011, 06:56:31 PM
I lover the foggy mornings, though the birds don't at times!!

Congrats!!

God Bless,
David B.
Me too Dave! I don't think even Excedrin can help them with the headaches of a foggy morning!
Great bird by the way! :icon_thumright: