turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which calls headed to the vest?

Started by rbreedi1, March 07, 2017, 10:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejake

Crystal Mistress.  Going to use it for my royal slam, then retire it.

Big Guy

McKamey Kwila/Butternut longbox
Sneed Hot Hen
Halloran Twisted Sister
???????

drenalinld

Dawkins stoned aluminum in plastic pot, Lonzo slate over aluminum in padauk pot, Shaffer sapele crystal.

Happy hooker

Roberts zebrawood bronzed glass
Twisted sister
Yingling copper
Sneed hot hen

Harwell walnut /butternut
SS purpleheart/poplar.

And if it's nasty weather a loftus Crystal screamer

Footballer

Ghost Maker cocobolo crystal

Reynolds' ceramic Infusion

Lonzo maple slate

Dawkins' stoned aluminum

Rotation: Sneed hot hen, Schaffer Atomic 13, Lights Out green aluminum over acrylic

I may pull out old faithful (Crystal Mistress) if things go sideways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snood Life

Oak Ridge aluminum over aluminum in Sapele pot
Lonzo crystal over aluminum in acrylic pot
Roberts bronzed glass over aluminum in poplar pot
Halloran Macassar Ebony box call

slwayne

Crystal Mistress for sure.  Last week the mailman delivered a sweet Lonzo cocobolo stoned aluminum.  Been having a lot of fun trying different strikers with that one.  I am really liking it and it's new so weather permitting, it will be in my vest too.  If it's going to be wet then I'll replace that one with an Enticer aluminum in a corian pot.  If I decide to carry a third it will be a Hot Hen.

Gobbleandgrunt

Shaffer double aluminum in a sepele pot
Brad Roberts glass over slate in an elm pot
Hopefully a persimmon popper that is supposed to be here soon.
And an Irvin Whitt boxcall. Purple Heart lid mesquite body.

Browning87

Slate-lonzo yellowheart slate/aluminum
Glass- Corder osage glass/slate or Platz glass/slate
Aluminum-daybreak shedua or lonzo stoned aluminum acrylic

I'll be running all of these calls with Lyman strikers. I normally carry 5, snake wood, dymondwood, ebony, tulipwood, hickory

Rzrbac

Wow you guys have a lot of calls.  I carry two pots. One is a Southland aluminum and the other will be a crystal over aluminum Trice. The Trice replaced my crystal Mistress that cracked. Sent it back to Mr. Halloran to see if it could be fixed. It's been awhile so I need to contact him. That's about it for friction beside a box I bought last month from a guy named Eddie Horton.

This site is going to cost me some money, there's a few calls you guys keep mentioning I want to give a try.

Snood Life

Quote from: Rzrbac on March 08, 2017, 09:05:15 PM
Wow you guys have a lot of calls.  I carry two pots. One is a Southland aluminum and the other will be a crystal over aluminum Trice. The Trice replaced my crystal Mistress that cracked. Sent it back to Mr. Halloran to see if it could be fixed. It's been awhile so I need to contact him. That's about it for friction beside a box I bought last month from a guy named Eddie Horton.

This site is going to cost me some money, there's a few calls you guys keep mentioning I want to give a try.

Get out while you can!!! Some money turned into a lot of money for me!!

davisd9

Loftis Crystal and Tony Reynolds Slate.  Strikers are Fowler Snakewood, Fowler Mystery Wood, Lights Out Cedar, Loftis Carbon, and Halloran Wenge.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ThunderChickenHunter21

Paul platz cherry slate
Clint Corder zebrawood slate
Glen Marrer zebrawood glass

SS short box butternut/can't remember lol
Hooks mouth calls

Jgarrett

I always rotate out every week, just because I love to play different pots, and I usually will just group together different surfaces (3 total per hunt) from different callmakers....Trice, Lyman, Platz, Anderson, etc....but for youth weekend this Saturday I am going with:
Scott Hock White Oak Slate/Slate
Daybreak Shedua Aluminum
Halloran Twisted Sister
Whittenburg cedar over butternut paddle.....
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Trkytracks

I carry a couple, have to mix it up a little; my main call (would not leave home without it) is a Cody Slate World Class. 
I also carry:
a slate by Derby City Game Calls
a zebra wood aluminum by Hanks Game calls.

Joe

Semper Fi