OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New in the Bonjour calls lineup

Started by Bonjour, April 08, 2011, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonjour

I've made double sided pots for quite a while now and started messing around with the idea of a double sided striker. This is the result of a little experimenting today to get the sound right and to incorporate my striker design into it. I even had a guinea pig in the shop to try out the first prototype and they thought it ran quite will, Thanks Bird. I will be adding these to my line of calls, and putting this one in the classified ads for anyone who is interested. Thank you        Ryan
Purple heart and gabon ebony flare tipped

kenturkey89

Wow I've never seen anything like that before.  I have to say that's very unique and thanks for sharing!
Brian

bird

I will have to say that the strikers does work quite well and was very surprised by the sound she put out.

bird

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

chatterbox

That's a pretty unique idea Ryan!
Way to think outside the box!

VanHelden Game Calls

Patent and make the big boys pay ;)

Next year I am going to hear how one of the big boys spent years in R&D and perfected the double striker.  :TooFunny:

M,Yingling

Neat ,,,,,Whats the overall length on that tip to tip ?
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

pappy

Now that is awesome...I tried an interchangable striker once posted a pic a couple years back....it is ideas like this that keeps the callmakers on their toes. Sweet...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

turkey slayer

BowBendr

Your strikers rock anyway.  :you_rock:

I'm sure that one sounds good too, neat idea.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

cannonball

decoykrvr

It looks like something out of Star Wars..  I guess that now, folks will have to learn how to twirl a striker to get the full effect.  What's next, a striker designed like a 4-spoke lug wrench?  Ryan,  I love the ebony tipped striker you made for me, and if the  "new combo" sound as good, it will be a winner.
Craig

Bonjour

Thank you for all the great comments on this guys. I really should get a patent on it, just to make some of them guys pay for the rights, but I don't know how much it would cost to patent it. Thank you again,
       Ryan

bowhunter84

decoykrvr

About 20 years ago,  I got a trough type slate call made by an older gentleman from Warner Robbins, Ga., named Ernest Cotton.  Mr. Cotton, now deceased,  made box, trough and pocket box calls, and made a two ended striker by running a piece of wood, usually cedar, through a corn cob and varied the pitch by the diameter of the striker.  I've made several "Mr. Cotton" type strikers over the years and have even used two different woods glued together.  I sat down with a hunting friend from Georgia one day, running strikers to be used on a box turtle slate call which I had made for him.  Of all the strikers we played,  a "Mr Cotton" two-ended cob striker was by far the best sounding, and he left with it.  If I remember correctly, it was a cedar/cherry combo and I've still got several other combos including mud osage, cherry, cedar, walnut and dogwood.  Ryan, I'll send you some pictures in your next "redneck care package".  The Pink Ivory/double copper/glass is deadly.  I've already talked to over 15 birds with it, and several of them will tell no more tales as a result of a "low rent rendezvous" with the call and a load of 7's.  It loves the ? striker.
thanks again,
Craig