turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you do?

Started by AC HAMMER, March 05, 2017, 10:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC HAMMER

Alright so with southern states getting very close to opening day, I'm still stuck here in Ohio with about 50 days until we open. I have the spring fever and have been driving myself mad with watching turkey shows and reading forums. what do you guys/gals do to ease the turkey itch?

fallhnt

I hunt Spring and Fall so my itch gets lots of scratching.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Gooserbat

Find a side job, save money so I can take off and hunt during season.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

owlhoot

You are already doing it! Go pattern guns , again .
Buy more stuff.
Practice calling.
Buy some trumpet calls , tube calls, that might take ya some time to master.lol
Buy some more stuff!
Seriously if you have any state parks or areas that no one can hunt. Go calling birds,you can film and not kill them.

Greg Massey

chat on this forum and practice with my calls and watch video's ..work on my hunting area brushing blinds, just finished over seeding clover. In week or so lime and fertilize... cleaned guns and grease chokes with anti-seize etc..just go over all my turkey hunting equipment ...got the truck oil changed and tires rotated...all the fun stuff...

pabossie255

After deer season I have been hunting geese our season just ended so I think I can manage. My first year ever hunting waterfowl a blast and it passes the time.

Cut N Run

I go listen for & call birds in the nearby state park.  It gets me used to being still, listening, and getting my calling ready for when it matters.  I also go fishing when I get the chance.  We don't have a Fall season in North Carolina, so it is an 11 month wait between turkey seasons for me.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

R AJ

Get out and scout, go over all equipment and be sure new batteries are in flashlights, etc. , check calls, shells, guns, clothing.
practice calling. Sleep as much as possible.

1iagobblergetter

Work more, try to spend quality time with my family so about the time season starts they are sick of me and want me out of the house...Lol..buy calls,teach my son how to play different calls,pattern guns, and last but not least spend a whole lot of time with the O.G. family who share the same passion.

turkeyfoot

Brush up on some calls scout some land get the old legs back moving well before opening day

MK M GOBL

Well I get to go to a few shows, banquets and do seminars through work and at home I always have some "display" work. Finishing up some fans, beards and spurs and make a display or two!

MK M GOBL

flintlockgirl

Work on my pot calling technique, which needs it badly. Make striker roll ups for Spring season for you guys.

Happy

Spend time with my family, et work done around the house,practice calling, shoot a test shot with the shotgun, exercise, and scout. Season will get here fast enough and most people miss out on this point. Getting ready can almost be as fun as actually going. Anymore I am just enjoying the whole process and soaking it up. It has to get me through the rest of the year. The trigger pull ain't satisfying in and of itself. It's the journey.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

waterman2

spend way to much money on turkey stuff I don't need!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions