turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Winchester XSP 20g build....

Started by CABEAR73, March 05, 2017, 08:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CABEAR73

Yeah, sorry for the brag, I'm just proud of it. Ive been building 12g for years, and killing myself trying to get the ultimate gun...Sucked it up and bought a new 20g after building my daughter one 4 yrs ago and seeing the birds flop from it. I hung a Sumtoy choke on it, a Leupold 1-4X shotgun scope with turkey reticle, and felt the MO Country camo, just didnt feel turkey to me...So I took several hours, and lots of love and care, and wrapped it with a MO ols school Bottomland shotgun wrap. Warning...pic heavy

CABEAR73

Mine and my daughters...Hers is a Charles Daley, youth model, 20g, Sumtoy-Fed7's. Shoots 160-170 all day.

USMC0331

Greg Massey

357MAGNOLE

I have the same scope on my 870 youth, really like it..... But at the same time it costs me my first bird last year.   Tom came in, it was cool out and early morning I pulled the gun up and my breath immediately fogged the glass.  Should have thought about it, but I didn't, and I paid for it and old tom got to live another day.

Ill try it again this year, any more issues like that and ill be swapping for a reflex sight. I really like the scope and want it to work out, especially with that turkey reticle.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

CABEAR73

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on March 06, 2017, 02:09:18 AM
I have the same scope on my 870 youth, really like it..... But at the same time it costs me my first bird last year.   Tom came in, it was cool out and early morning I pulled the gun up and my breath immediately fogged the glass.  Should have thought about it, but I didn't, and I paid for it and old tom got to live another day.

Ill try it again this year, any more issues like that and ill be swapping for a reflex sight. I really like the scope and want it to work out, especially with that turkey reticle.

http://www.kleervu.com/shop/half-ounce-anti-fog-cleaner/

357MAGNOLE

Never even considered it..... thanks!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Greg Massey

That's why i've been telling you guys, use a saddle mount...i know it's not drill and tap...but i get the best of both worlds. I can see my bead and used my scopes or red dots....your talking about taking 1-4 shoots a year on a gobbler

superx2

love the way the wrap looks.. :  you_rock:
dose it take long to do?

CABEAR73

Quote from: superx2 on March 13, 2017, 03:00:47 PM
love the way the wrap looks.. :  you_rock:
dose it take long to do?
A total of about 2.5 hrs. But I really took my time and just babysat it. Made sure it was perfect. Could have cut corners you would have never noticed, but had the time to waste, so invested in the gun.

Tail Feathers

Nice guns and good job on the camo!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!