Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any Alabama hunters still hunting them hard?........

Started by dawgfrombama, April 08, 2011, 10:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawgfrombama

I went this morning and it was HOTTT!!!  I mean muggy. Didn't hear a gobble but saw some hens.  Its been a tough season but I will be there in the morning like its day one!!!

ericjames

Yep!  Be out there in the morning as well working on #4 hardest year of hunting I have ever  saw

dawgfrombama

mountman62

Quote from: ericjames on April 08, 2011, 10:41:31 PM
Yep!  Be out there in the morning as well working on #4 hardest year of hunting I have ever  saw

YEAH RIGHT, you done killed 3 and you say its the hardest year you have ever seen, i'll trade you
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

mountman62

Quote from: dawgfrombama on April 08, 2011, 10:27:46 PM
I went this morning and it was HOTTT!!!  I mean muggy. Didn't hear a gobble but saw some hens.  Its been a tough season but I will be there in the morning like its day one!!!

i guess you just have to get up, go, and treat each day like day one, thats what keeps us going, i'll be there AGAIN when i get off work this morning, just gotta go, might be my lucky day, GOOD LUCK to you dawg & eric
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

bama

:fud: :newmascot:

Yep got 2 go. Work on em boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kwil13

I was trying to but had a little accident and now have 1 leg in a walking boot and the other in a cast, so my season is over  :bike2:
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.........John Wayne
Support NWTF
Support Delta Waterfowl

TrkyHntr

Quote from: mountman62 on April 09, 2011, 01:55:11 AM

YEAH RIGHT, you done killed 3 and you say its the hardest year you have ever seen, i'll trade you
X2... I've only been able to go 2 days since season opened.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

ericjames

Quote from: mou :newmascot: :thanks:ntman62 on April 09, 2011, 01:55:11 AM

Well most years I have done got 3 or 4 and called a few up for friends of mine,last year 11  went down while I was calling,taking  friends and kids of friends .this year they ain't gobbled good enough to take anyone

ericjames

Quote from: kwil13 on April 09, 2011, 02:28:34 AM
I was trying to but had a little accident and now have 1 leg in a walking boot and the other in a cast, so my season is over  :bike2:

A little over 2 years ago I  got run over by a forklift that  weighted around 30 k and stayed in the hospital for a month and a half then sent home to be bed riden for 6 months because I got crushed from waist down.but the good lord up above was more faithful than I have ever been to him they told me that if I ever walked again on my own that it would not be very good,but he answered  a lot of prayers and now I do almost anything that I need to. I can't run a marathon but you would never believe how I do  get around. That year I would go hunt with a walker and I could not walk but maybe a hundred yards ,that year I did not kill one turkey so that was probably my hardest year I might not could have got one but at least they gobbled  good

kwil13

I spent opening week in the hospital and tried to go with the walking boot on and wound up making it worse, there is always next year plus I should be ready for duck season :icon_thumright:
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.........John Wayne
Support NWTF
Support Delta Waterfowl

n2deer

Still at it hard every day I can.

I got one opening week, it was very slow after that. Most days spent hiding in the bushes and playing lonesome hen.

I killed 3 more the last two weeks and it got me fired back up. I got two weeks to get that last one.

It was hit or miss on hearing anything, but the last morning I had close encounters with 4 different birds. It was great. Be back at em Monday for 5 days straight. I'm stoked.

Beretta686

Yep, I haven't missed but 6 days all season. Killed 4 myself and have had some awesome hunts with them danger close, but no trigger pull. Watched a couple of other I called in for other folks flop too.

I'm lucky enough to hunt several places within 30 miles of work.

I just told myself that if the humidity in the morning is 95% or higher and overnight lows are in the mid to high sixties, I'm not going. Then again I hunted Wednesday Through Sunday last week.

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

4nwtf

Yes, my birds just started gobbling good last week.  At least until the humidity and warm nights by weeks end.