turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Montana purrfect decoys

Started by Mizzouhntr, March 03, 2017, 07:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mizzouhntr

Ive got plenty of decoys in all brands except this one and dsd. For when im not going to be with my kid i will be running and gunning. Usually font use a decoy, but my buddy has one of the purrfect hens. Online it looks funny, but in person it aint bad. Anyone have any experience with the purrfect jake?

SteelerFan

I think it looks a little better in person than the hen. I'm not a big decoy guy - but I will carry the jake & hen in the vest since they fold up so compactly. I believe there are more life-like decoys out there, but for me and my style of hunting - the collapsible portability of the Montana dekes win (not to mention price).

HFultzjr

I love my Miss Purrfect Hen. Plus when I had an issue with it, customer service was A+++++.

jims

I almost exclusively run and gun hunt here in Colo and Nebraska.  I hunt super remote areas in Colo and Miss Perfect....is perfect!  Super light, compact, and sets up quick.  The feather material also moves in a breeze so helps look more lifelike.  I haven't used the perfect jake.  It would definitely be lighter to carry.

Mizzouhntr

Well i went for the jake as i found it for $34.. super light. Looks a little silly  on the head but from a distance i think it'll do. I used the feather cuts to put real tail feathers on then secured with hot glue gun. Not too bad for my lightweight run and gun days.

Mizzouhntr

SteelerFan

Looks good... nice touch with the tail feathers!

Mizzouhntr

It actually is no longer than the normal tail.. it folds up the same. Now im sure they will get torn up in and out of my vest all season.. but ill just replace each year

backforty

Watch how much you bend the necks on them, I broke mine off now its a permanent feeder hen
Print by Madison, on Flickr

HFultzjr

Quote from: backforty on March 07, 2017, 07:48:46 PM
Watch how much you bend the necks on them, I broke mine off now its a permanent feeder hen

That's an easy fix. It's probably not broken, just need to "twist" the spring back on. That was what happened to mine. A quick call to customer service and they will tell you exactly how and where to do it over the phone.

Life of Riley

When or where can I find a good deal on the Purrfect Hen???

SteelerFan

supremepredator

I bought the perfect pair last year for $45. It was a steal!
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

HFultzjr

buzzardroost

They are nice but heavier than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk